Chapter 2

Toshiro brainstormed in his office, thinking about what to do to get his revenge against Karin. After that order and warning he gave to her, she ignored it and still hasn't returned the paperwork. That damn Kurosaki. Toshiro sighed, should have known better than to think Karin would be scared of him or obey his order even if he has a higher authority over her. She is Karin Kurosaki after all. Someone who doesn't give a damn about formality.

He bowed his head down, deciding to pause those thoughts and resume working on his paperwork until he saw a photo of him and Karin on his desk. The photo was taken when she was 11 years old. A smirk appeared on his face.

---

Karin walked around the market nonchalantly, greeting people she knows. Not paying attention to her surroundings, she didn't hear the energetic girl running towards her.

"Rin-bear!" Yachiru jumped onto her, hugging her around her neck. Karin froze.

"W-What did you call me?" Karin felt her nerves working up and the insides of her stomach twisted. Hoping she'd heard it wrong. God, please tell her it isn't-

"Rin-bear. Is it not your childhood nickname? I heard your dad used to call you that when you were young."

"N-No! No one called me that!" Karin yelled, denying it with full power but her flustered face overpowered it.

"But I heard it from someone that Rin-bear was your nickname, Rin-bear!" The little girl excitedly told her, too excited to notice her friend was inwardly boiling up with rage, who already got an idea who told her that secret no one should have known.

"Rin-bear? Hahaha." The two girls wiped their heads around and saw the famous 11th squad pair, Ikkaku and Yumichika standing outside of the sweets shop. Oh no.

"Rin-bear, huh?" said Yumichika. Karin can feel the amusement hidden under his-so nonchalant-tone. "Never expected you would have that kind of nickname."

"Maybe I should start calling you Rin-bear too." Ikkaku chuckled, amused at the idea.

"Don't you dare," Karin glared at him but only made him laugh more. They all watched Ikkaku laughing to himself. Karin knew this was just the beginning of pure torture.

---

Toshiro heard someone stomping, he instantly knew who would be making those noises at this time of day. It's time to start the show.

"Toshiro!" Just like he predicted, it was Karin. He turned his head towards the door to only meet with an enraged Karin who is nearly at the edge of snapping. She gripped her sword tightly, itching to release it. The killing intent in her eyes reflected her fiery short-tempered. If looks could kill, he would be dead right now. But he doesn't care what happens to him, it's his turn to have his own fun.

"Yes, Rin-Bear?" Toshiro smirked, throwing gasoline into the fire.

"Don't call me that! Why the hell did you tell everyone about it?!" Karin roared. Today was the worst day she ever had! Ever since that little shit told Yachiru her little deep secret, she has been calling her that name nonstop, and now everyone has joined in to start calling her 'Rin-Bear'. It was horrifying painful experience to go through. Having everyone especially that stupid baldy who wasted no time to start calling her that stupid name, her 'the most badass and scariest person' reputation has gone down the drain. Instead, they see her as the butt of the joke which will likely go on for centuries.

"I told you there would be consequences but you didn't heed my warning, so this is what you get," Toshiro smirked, satisfied with his work. Karin scowled at him, baring her teeth like a tiger ready to hunt their prey. "So, are you going to return the paperwork?"

"I told you it wasn't me! It was-" A door opened.

"Rin-Bear!" Karin got attacked by Matsumoto from behind. "Why didn't you tell me you had such a cute nickname!?"

"I can't breathe Matsumoto!" Matsumoto looked down to see her little friend was

struggling, so she let her go. Karin stepped back and regained her breath.

"This is why I didn't want anyone to know about it!" Karin screamed.

"But, it's a cute nickname," Matsumoto pouted. "You should let it pass on." Karin snorted. As if she wants the day get any worse by having it be passed on even more. It was already bad enough that Yachiru called her name out loud when she was searching for her. She does not need this. At all.

"She's right, Rin-bear. It's a cute nickname," Toshiro was laughing inside. The sight of her gritting her teeth and glaring at him with a promised death was entertaining to him.

"You-" Before Karin had the chance to say anything back to him, Matsumoto quickly grabbed her by the collar of her Shihakushō and was already in the process of leaving the office.

"C'mon Rin-bear! Let's go to the Women's Association and tell them about it!" Toshiro watched Karin try to wiggle out of his happy-go-lucky lieutenant's tight grip while cursing at 10th squad pair, as she got dragged out of the office.

"This isn't over yet!" Those were Karin's last words after the door was shut.

Toshiro shrugged, ignoring all of the screaming and noises happening outside of his office, and continued on signing all of his paperwork. Unknowingly, he made a huge mistake of underestimating her. Because she already had a plan inside her head, ready to get her payback.