death.

mom killed in front of him

quirk was stolen from all for one.

left blind in one eye after the battle against all for one.

it was all too much for the curly green-haired boy to handle.

izuku midoriya sat in his dorm room crying and crying, making sure to be silent so nobody else could hear. the favorite yellow hoodie all might had given him was drenched in mostly tears and slight blood.

the sharp knife stained with old-blood and dripping with fresh blood.

both arms of the hoodie were pushed up to his pale elbow, nights of no sleep showing on his skin and face.

old cuts on both arms from months of cutting almost every other night, but now covered with endless amounts of blood pouring out, staining the all might themed sheets.

green curls now sweaty and pressed down against midoriya's head from almost cutting for 2 minutes straight.

for months he was able to hide the cuts and scars from his arms, it was the winter season after all, making them easy to be hidden away..

the pain was increasingly growing as midoriya cut deeper than usual. his tear-stained and sleep-deprived face now bawling out loud sobs.

his classmates had been asking him what was wrong, considering everything that has happened.

they made it a daily effort to try and cheer the depressed boy, but nothing seemed to work anymore. he stayed in his room all day, watching as it got messier and messier as the days went by. he used to care about showering, but not anymore. he used to care, but eventually, the trauma really started to envelop his brain. how could he care, when his brain was a mess? midoriya would wake up from nightmares almost every night, sweating and shivering. the memories of his mom being sliced in front of him, replaying like a song on a loop over and over.

the gushing blood that dripped from her face. oh how pretty she had looked prior to that.

so so pretty.

every day felt like an endless loop of nothing, he truly felt that there was nothing useful for him to do anymore. he stopped caring about his hygiene, pushed away his best friend iida, who tried countless times to help him. until midoriya snapped.

and the thing is he still regrets it, pushing away everyone who had tried to help. but it's hard to ask for help, when you genuinely give up. a black, dark, bottomless pit with no recovery. 

midroiya wished he could shout, scream, cry, to his mom, but he no longer could. going mute for 2 months, was the best thing midoriya did for himself, or what he considers to think. he knew uraraka would do anything for him, but why would he put his baggage on her? such a sweet girl. she doesn't need to know the intrusive thoughts that swirl through his head on a daily.