Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"She's over the moon." Dianne chuckled, leaning her head against Joe's shoulder, feeling his arm slip around her waist.

"She is." The two watched her for a moment, before she stopped from dizzyness and walked back over to them, both slightly concerned. Dianne picked her up, scared she was going to fall over and hurt herself.

"You okay angel, bit dizzy?"

She nodded. "Yeah, very dizzy. And you look beautiful mama, like a pretty princess." Dianne pecked her cheek in appreciation.

"She does, a very pretty princess. You both do."

///

"Em, can you hold my hand please." Dianne was extremely aware of the fact they were at the roadside awaiting their Uber, the four of them. Dr Ranj had joined them a few minutes before, also smartly dressed.

Joe put his phone away, smiling as he turned to Dr Ranj. "Is this your first children's BAFTAs?" to which he shook his head.

"I've been once before, it's incredible. It's nice to have an awards ceremony themed around kids, they really do contribute to the industry."

Joe smiled, seeing the Uber come towards them. "I think that's us, and absolutely." They all began to pile into the back, Emelia sat on Joe's lap as there wasn't enough room for individual seats.

"Where are we off to?" The Uber driver asked, Ranj giving him the details. While he did, Joe put his hand over Di's, feeling her turns hers over to clasp his.

"You alright?" She nodded, watching Emelia with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I'm just so excited, and especially as Em can come too, it's just so special. And scary, I don't want the media bombarding her." Joe nodded, seeing her go to speak again.

"I didn't want to keep her a secret, it just felt wrong. It's just, I don't want her to be forced into the spotlight or to be made to feel uncomfortable, I don't want to feel like I've made the wrong choice."

Joe nodded again, giving her hand a little squeeze. "I get it, she's still young and doesn't need the pressure around her like that. But it'll be fine, they can't force her into it, we'll just have to be more aware."

Dianne grinned, hearing him say 'we' as it again reassured her that they were in this together, and that he was in full support of Emelia, confirming even more that he was special, very special.

Very, very special.

"Wow!"

Emelia looked out the window of the Uber, seeing a flock of people, around a hundred in total. Some were carrying cameras, notepads and other devices. Others were dressed in decadent evening wear, top designer gowns and dapper tuxes, making their way down the red carpet.

Joe and Dianne both looked at each other fondly, the innocent excitement that Emelia had made them both smile beyond measure, how she was enchanted by the glitz and glamour.

She turned to face Dianne, who felt complete at the sight of Joseph, holding her daughter, just there, both content as was she.

"Mama! Mama! We're here!" Dianne nodded, taking a look outside the window. In that moment a bittersweet feeling came over the once sole content one: she and Joe wouldn't be able to be together in front of the cameras, something that would be even harder to do now that the three of them were all together.