Chapter nineteen

"I just can't, your hair honestly looks so incredible Di." Stacey gushed as the two were getting ready for the show that Saturday afternoon. In that moment it was just the two of them plus Liv, Dianne just having had a beautiful updo done in her hair for their waltz, a beautiful do for a beautiful dance.

Dianne grinned, sitting back in her seat. She was looking forward to dancing the waltz this week more than any other dance she had done on Strictly, purely because it was one of her favourite songs and moreso that she was dancing it with him, whom with she had truly found a rainbow connection.

"Aw Thanks." Her accent was more apparent than ever as she grabbed her phone, typing a quick text to Joe saying 'hey, you still in wardrobe? Xxx' "The hair team are genuinely amazing, they need more credit." Liv and Stacey nodded in agreement.

"They do, they do. So what dance you doing? I've completely forgot what everyone's doing.." Liv admitted, powdering Di's face. "Waltz is it?" She nodded.

"Rainbow connection, literally my favourite song, so beautiful." Stacey nodded in agreement, sweetly smiling while going over the steps in her head.

"Oh yeah it is, I'll have it going round in my head for the next week." Liv quipped, the door opening to reveal a very adorable looking Joseph.

He was dressed in long grey trousers which came up to his waist and wore a mint shirt with some sort of design on it, complete with matching suspenders and a cap, it looked like something out of peaky blinders but less sinister and more adorable. Dianne grinned at him, feeling all fuzzy inside.

"That's the cutest thing I've ever seen!" Stacey had exclaimed before Dianne or Liv had the chance to, squealing a little but soon laughing as Joe gave a little twirl. "Lovely twirl. I still think you should have done it as frogs though."

Joe and Dianne both laughed, Joe seating himself on the seat next to the red head who looked pretty good herself. He mouthed the word "beautiful" to her, also hoping the other two wouldn't notice as they would for sure go crazy, who blushed and mouthed "thank you".

Not long after that Neil came through the door, walking past the row of chairs but smiling as he saw the two hands held between the seats.

///

"Don't worry Joe, as long as you do your best I'll be happy no matter what, that's all I ask."

They were now backstage, just before everyone would descend the strictly stairs live. Everyone was getting into positions but the two were around the corner of the corridor having a moment to themselves, away from the chaos.

"I won't let you down Dotty, I know how much this means to you, the song and everything." She rolled her eyes, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Joseph, you mean more to me than any song or dance, just remember that."

She meant every word. He smiled, placing his hands on her hips, them moving around to clasp behind her back like they usually did, feeling her melt into the embrace a little.

"Thank you Di, you really do mean everything to me. Everything." She moved closer to rest her head under his chin, inhaling his comforting scent, feeling him gently rest his chin on her head, careful not to mess her stunning do up before kissing it gently, she smiled contently underneath him, he smiled contently too.

"We're live in one minute everyone. Starting positions please." a runner called out, the two breaking apart. They took a hold of each other's hands and interlocked their fingers, going to stand in front of Danny and Amy.