Chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

Joe was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't notice his girlfriend walk behind him, wrapping two arms around him from behind. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

The future, the one where they would all live in the same house, the one where she may or may not stand by his side with three bands around her ring finger fifty years from now, the one where he would take Emelia to school,  the house that they would live in, weather it would be in the UK or in Australia, or even somewhere completely different.

The future.

He sighed, turning around to face her and rest his own two hands around her. "Just us, it had me wondering. Do you reckon, do you reckon it would be worth bringing a few things of yours and Emelia's here."

He let the words linger for a second before she broke out into the adorable little smile of hers, the one that included the cute dimple on her cheek.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Plus, we already spend like, half of our time here so it would make things easier." They both chuckled, her moving her hands to rest on his shoulders, the ones that were starting to now cooperate in a ballroom hold.

"Yeah, maybe we could sort it out one Sunday, one where we're both not exhausted." She nodded, seeing him smile. "It feels, it feels like we're taking steps in the right direction, like this is where life is taking us."

She couldn't have said it better herself, for she too was content with the way life was going. Since moving to the UK she had always
struggled with finding love, as she always thought that she would never find someone to welcome not only her into their life, but Emelia too. Before meeting Joe, she had never imagined someone potentially filling the father shaped piece in her heart, but now he was here, and he was everything and more, as was she to him. Neither of them could deny that things were moving quickly, in just two months all their lives had changed durastically, but said changes had brought a new light, a new happiness, a new love, a new beginning.

She smiled from ear to ear, getting slightly lost in his diamond eyes. "Yeah, it does. I wouldn't have it any other way." They leant into a smiling kiss, letting it linger for a few moments before they pulled away, then hugging afterwards, holding each other close.

"Me neither Di." They embraces for a short while, squeezing each other tightly before they felt them both cohesively fall onto the bed, Di on top of Joe and them both in hysterics about it afterwards. "This is actually quite comfy."

She giggled, tucking her head beneath his chin and pretended to go to sleep, feeling his hands clasp behind her back. "It is. Goodnight Joseph." He laughed, seeing her sleep for a second before lifting her head, quickly pecking his lips. They stayed there for a few moments before they heard the door to the bedroom open.

Emelia was dragging in her case, it was pink and had a cute bow embellishment on it, the suitcase nearly as big as her. "Here, oh hi mama. Joe said to check over my stuff a second time, just in case I forgotten anything."

She grinned, lifting her chin again. "Did He now? He's very smart isn't he." He grinned, feeling them both sit up. He shifted backwards slightly to sit against the headboard, she sat beside him, feeling his arm immediately wrap around her shoulders, one of her hands clasping their hands together. "Try not to mess everything up though."

She nodded, unzipping the case and began to check through everything, and luckily everything was there. Once she got to the front pocket, she found something that she hadn't noticed for a long time.

"Mama, I didn't know you packed this." Dianne patted her lap before seeing Emelia craw across the bed before perching herself on her lap, the piece of paper in her hands, folded up.