"You look beautiful." was what he said when he was finally able to recall the English language again, she blushed a little harder, and shifted her eyeline towards the floor a little. "Not the floor, you." He chuckled, seeing her chuckle back and meet his eyes again.

"Thanks, and you don't look too bad yourself." She took a moment to take him in, only to realise that this night just got a whole lot more complicated. Her eyes roamed all over him, the way the suit seemed as though it were made for him, making him seem even more handsome than he already was.

"Not too bad at all." she saw him smirk a little, which wasn't helping. Not at all. "You're not helping." She laughed, straightening his bow tie, seeing him smile back at her. That was another thing she loved about him: his ever charming smile. He laughed, pulling her closer and the two leaning in to kiss, Joe's phone pinging and interrupting, them both quickly pecking before he checked it, it was what he had expected.

"Uber is here, we should probably get going, Shall we say goodbye to Emelia?" She nodded, the two heading into the living room swiftly, arm in arm.

"Angel, we're going now, be good for Byron and Emily please." Emelia bounced merrily over, although she had just been pulled away from one of her favourite movies, frozen.

Dianne bent down to hug the girl, squeezing her tightly. Part of Dianne wanted Emelia to come on these little evening out with her and Joe, get all dressed up and meet some truly amazing people. She knew it was for the best though, as the media could be quite unforgiving and she wanted to protect Emelia at all costs, and part of her wanted this little evening with her partner both on and off the strictly dance floor, even if they had to play pretend.

"I'll miss you mama, and that's a really pretty dress." She smiled, pecking Emelia's cheek.

"Thank you, and I'll miss you too." She felt two emotions, bitter and sweet. Some may call it, bittersweet. After they broke apart Emelia gave Joe a hug, him too crouching down to say his goodbye, also pondering what it would be like for all three of them together to head out together.

"Be good for Byron Yeah, no funny business." There was half humour and half seriousness in his voice, something that he had become familiar with, feeling them pull apart and seeing her giggle but nod, generally a well behaved kid anyway. He tapped he end of her nose.

"I will be, I want to do Byron's hair and make it all pretty." Joe spotted Byron shaking his head violently, oh if you could see the plead in his eyes.

"I'm sure if you ask nicely he won't mind." Emelia nodded again, bouncing back over to her spot on the sofa happy as Larry.

"Right." He clapped his hands together. "We should probably get going, we'll see you guys later?" Byron and Emily nodded, both of them thinking similar thoughts which both conveyed the same heartwarming message.

They looked like a family, well, they were, they are

A family.

"See you later bru, have fun guys, but not too much fun." He winked, seeing them both roll their eyes and head off arm in arm, sharing a fond kiss before giggling against each other's lips as the next words filled the room.

"Dearest Byron, can I prettiest please do your hair, I'll do it really really nicely?"

The entire cab ride was a little quiet as they were both feeling nervous. Although they didn't say anything, also out of fear that the cab driver would say something, they would have little reassuring touches. Every so often she would squeeze his hand, or he would put a hand on her leg, anything to show that they weren't alone, that it would be okay.

They got to the venue and it seemed extremely busy outside, and Joe being the quick thinker he is immediately noticed how arriving together would cause a few conversations.

"Excuse me, could you park around the back please?" Dianne nodded as if to say 'good idea.' Once they reached the back of the building, they got out one by one. Joe got out first, helping Dianne out like the gentleman he is.

"So, dance partner." He winked, she winked back and together they proceeded into the event, which was sure to be a wonderful night, that is if they could keep their secret a secret.

Not long after the ceremony, the two entered the lift, standing opposite each other and sighing in unison, grateful for the moment of quiet amongst the hectic night's events, just the two of them. Joe learnt against one side, crossing his right leg over his left and folded arms. Meanwhile Dianne stood the opposite side, just having gotten a text from Emily. Emily and Dianne had gotten close over the series, it was kind of a given as their respective partners were roommates, it was just so natural.

"Em just texted. Emelia fell asleep a little while ago, bless her. She also sent a picture of Byron and his new do." He went over, both chuckling fondly at the picture, Byron with a few braids in his hair, embellished with bows and other cute hair contraptions.

"Oh that's amazing, she should do all the boys hair, Jack, Conor, everyone." Dianne laughed, imagining all of them with different hairstyles.

"You next, I want to see that first." she smirked, the lift doors opening. He gave a worried expression, feeling her link her arm through his again.

///

It was eleven pm when they arrived back, both a little chilly as the late October weather seemed to be not on their side. She put her handbag down, sighing from the tiredness.

"They asleep?"

He nodded, thinking over the nights events. Pride of Britain had truly been an amazing night, despite the constant awareness of the distance between the two of them, eating away at them both slowly but surely. He felt her wrap two arms around his waist, the first contact of the sort they had had in however many hours, it felt good to say the least.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her, feeling like they were themselves again and not two trained actors, always having to play pretend and make it out as though their love a lie.

"I've missed this, so much." she nodded in agreement, inhaling his scent which was in her memory now, praying it would never leave. "Even if it was only a few hours." He added, smiling down at her. She chuckled, looking up at him, the two just taking a moment to take in the moment, just the two of them in the room. In a silent house, which was becoming just that little more like home.

"Me too, it's nice just to be like this, us, not who they think we are." He nodded while taking in every word. Even if it was a simple cuddle last thing at night, moments like these were ones that should never be taken for granted, as you never know when they'd be taken away in an instant.

"Really nice. It's also, really quite lovely," he moved one of his hands, using it to cup the side of her face, feeling her dimple grow beneath his palm as she smiled up at him bearing the look of love, "to do this."

The two kissed, melting into each other. Despite the fact it was nearly twelve and the apartment silent, the London chaos ringing low in the background, and although they were exhausted,

It was the perfect end to a perfect night.