Chapter 2

10 months later.

Johnathon

I parked my all black two door coupe by the curb so that Sean would be able to see me. He walked out alone with more luggage than he left with. I frowned my face looking at all he brought back with him. The nigga said he wouldn't bring much. Not gonna lie, the nigga walked out looking fresh to death. He was sported with a dark jeans, a puffer jacket and new designer shoes that weren't' supposed to be out yet.

I'm surprised he called me out of everybody in the house. In the phone call he added that he didn't want anyone knowing he was coming back, as in, he hadn't even told Toby, who was his best friend. I could tell he was really done with Kay because he hadn't even brought her up nor had he talked to her since he departed, or so he says.

"My nigga!" I said extatically as I stepped out my car with arms wide open. He dapped me up in excitement as well. I looked at all his stuff. I kissed my teeth. "It won't even be much," I said imitating him.

"Nigga this ain't nothing," he replied.

I glared at him and started helping him place stuff in the car. We both hopped in and made our way to the mansion.

"So, nigga, wassup? How was France?" I asked.

"Bro that place is beautiful. Like so much just happens. I felt like I was on vacation the whole time," he answered.

"You basically was, nigga."

"Yeah, vacation with hella work," he said laughing.

"How's Tami, bro?"

"Better. Much better. She decided she wanted to stay there longer. I think it's because of the nigga she found over there. Dude's cool. She didn't want me to stay there any longer because she felt like she was disrupting me from family and friends. I told her it was cool. I wasn't pressed to come back, to be honest, but she insisted."

"Of course, who would want to come back to this city?"

"Right, when you have a magical place with magical people in France," he said staring into the windshield.

I laughed but looked at him as he said that. I figured it was too early to bring up Kay.

We arrived in the house, took the luggage out the car and I opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sean

The house looked the same, but I could tell the girls added more decorations to the living room. It smelled like eggs and traditional breakfast food. I turned to the kitchen and saw Key and Toby looking at me and Jay with wide eyes. Jay walked over to the living room, sat down and turned on the TV.

Key stared at me in confusion. "ummmmmmmm," she started.

"So, we not telling niggas things no more?" Toby asked.

"Y'all not gonna welcome me?" I asked with a smile on my face.

Toby crossed his arms. "When the fuck were you gonna tell me you were coming home? We could've thrown a party or something, nigga."

"I know, but I didn't want anyone to know I was home," I said removing my sneakers. I had been on the plane for about 10 hours and a nigga was tired.

"So not telling your best man was the best idea?" he asked. I could tell he was starting to get mad. He turned to look at Jay. "And you, you weren't gonna tell anyone?"