Carrie

All the rights go to Stephan King and movie creators. I wanted a more happy ending. Hate on me if you want to, but I just felt like writing an alternate ending.

In that single minute as the remaining blood dripped out of the bucket. The entire school was shell shocked, staring as the girl known as Carrie White, who was now Carrie Red.

"What the hell?!" Tommy Ross screeched at the crowd.

His words fell on silence.

Ally watched in shock, her mind taking minutes to process the events. She had never met Carrie before, but she knew what it'd be like to stand up there, dripping with the red liquid. It must be cold and uncomfortable. At that moment she knew what she had to do.

Carrie had her hands on her face, absolutely mortified. She just wished that the world would disappear at that moment. She wanted this to be a nightmare, just a bad nightmare that she was going to wake up from and she'd be at home, in bed, just waking up and getting ready for school. She blinked hard and she heard the bucket clank to the floor. She peered through her hands and her date staring at her. He had also been hit with the blood, but not as seriously. She could see the pain in his eyes, he felt as helpless as she did.

Suddenly, an arm grabbed her shoulder. Carrie immediately flinched and used her power to move the hand away. Hadn't they done enough?! She peered through the mask of matted, bloody hair to see sympathetic eyes. A girl, Carrie did not know, was stunned for a moment by the sudden jolt from her power. The girl leaned in close and whispered.

"I'm going to help you...I can fix this."

"Leave me alone!" Carrie responded angrily.

"Carrie...we need to take the bitter with the better, this can still be your night."

"How? How in hell can you do that?!"

"With a little help from someone who's been there."

At that moment, the silence was broken. A couple of kids began to talk to each other in soft whispers, but to Carrie they were as loud as a horn.

"Carrie trust me, I can fix this."

Carrie shut her eyes hard. The same words had been said before and now she's covered in blood. She knew better than to trust someone. Her mama had been right, every person is a sinner, and these people were the worst. Her tears burned her eyes, at least she thought they were tears, it could've been the blood. She just wanted to disappear, forever.

"Come on..." the girl said. "Let's get you out of those clothes."

The girl gave another sympathetic pat on Carrie's shoulders, but she was like Sue, promised to be nice and then turned around to stab her in the back. She shouldn't believe anyone anymore.

"Listen to her" Tommy said. "I know this girl, Ally can fix anything."

Please trust me...I can help. What's better standing around feeling hurt in smelly blood or leaving with your head held high?

"Just trust me

That's all Carrie needed... The whispers became louder and now there were snickers among some of the girls.

The hot water stung her trembling skin as she stepped into the shower. She was back at the scene of her first humiliation over having blood leak from her. All the laughing and teasing echoed in her head. At least, now the water hid her tears.

"Here..." Ally said, tossing in some shampoo along the floor. "Make sure you do a double rinse to make sure the blood gets out."

Carrie washed her hair, watching the blood droplets drip out and down the the drain. The suds in her hair were red as she went under the hot water again. The tiny bubbles hit the floor and swirled around the drain in a circular motion. The red made the bubbles look almost pretty. Carrie sobbed silently as she did another rinse. This time the suds were a light pink, like her dress used to be. She rubbed herself down with a bar of soap to get the remaining blood off herself. Once she was done, she grabbed a nearby towel. She hesitated, wondering if this was now another cruel joke waiting to happen. She'd step out and all the girls would be there to take pictures of her and her humiliation. They's chant her name and laugh, but this time Carrie would be ready. She had her gift and she'd kill them all if she had to. She stepped out of the stall with a towel around her and only saw Ally standing there with a hairbrush and a wash cloth.