Chapter Eight: The Untold History

Start from the beginning

The Chief's son, Taisho, spared Sasuke a glance before his gaze fall on Sakura. She wouldn't deny the fact that he is somewhat attractive. If she's any other girl, she would fall for him at one glance. But she's not any other girl and her heart already belongs to someone.

"You must be the medic kunoichi from Konohagakure. Our people have heard of your heroic deeds during the fourth great shinobi war. Some even went as far as to call you a goddess– incomparable beauty and strength– now that I have set my eyes on you I must say I couldn't agree more. It's a pleasure to meet you, Haruno Sakura of Konohagakure."

Sasuke can't believe it. What's up with men and their unbelievable sense? He briefly remembered back in the days, when they went into missions, no one really bothers about Sakura– well except for that one guy that he forgot the name of– but now, times have changed. The once young, crybaby became a strong-willed kunoichi and everyone recognizes her for that. And Sasuke, for some odd reason, felt strange. Is he mad? Why would he be mad?

That's right. Instead of flirting around, this Chief's grandson should be filling them with information regarding the disease.

"Taisho, is it?" Sasuke said. "I'm going to cut down to business. Tell us everything that's happened this past few weeks."

"Right," as if clearing his thoughts that aren't important, he focused on the matter at hand. "Three weeks ago, our lake was suddenly drained. It never happened before unless something was blocking the water from up the hill. We went there and we saw a branch of a tree. The branch was very unusual, it was large and didn't match any of the trees around. It took as three days to cut it and the water flows again. Then a week later, after that, children begin to complain about stomach aches. Then a week later, they fell ill, as well as the elders."

Sakura frowned deeply. That's strange, indeed. "Come inside," Taisho motioned them inside the tent.

There are almost two dozens of people laying on a makeshift bed. Both children and elders. They are extremely pale.

"Can I check on them?" Sakura asked. She couldn't wait to proceed in her medical duties once she saw them.

"Of course. We trust you."

Sakura nodded and went on to check the patients. Sasuke looked at Taisho and saw the young man staring at Sakura which made Sasuke clench his teeth. "Show me the part of the lake where you found the tree branch."

Taisho blinked a few times before averting his gaze from Sakura to look at Sasuke who was dead serious. Taisho nodded and led Sasuke towards the hill.

_____

Afternoon came much to early and Sasuke and Taisho went back to the tribe. Sasuke was used to travelling and he can handle a day or two without sleep. When they arrived at the tribe, there are some women arranging a table and food was place atop it, mostly fruits and some meat.

Before Sasuke could sit, he scanned the area and did not see Sakura.

Before the raven haired Uchiha could make his move, Taisho stood up. "I'll go get Sakura."

The simple statement made Sasuke stir up. He put a hand on Taisho's shoulder, stopping the young man from taking a step any farther. "I'll go get her. And don't address her so casually."

Taisho, being the Chief's grandson and the possibly the next one in line, could not be easily dominated. Sasuke's natural intimidation almost got to Taisho but he shrugged it off and stare at him.

A storm was brewing between the both them, their silent battle of authority made them unable to notice the pinkette walking past them as she sat on the grass in front of the table.

After a few seconds of the stare down competition, the two finally cleared their thoughts and realized that Sakura was already there. Sasuke sat beside Sakura and Taisho did the same, this time on the other side. And they all ate in silent, saved from the crackling of firewoods and some crickets from the forest.

After dinner, Taisho excused himself, leaving Sasuke and Sakura, finally. After a while, the pinkette stood up and went to the lake where she sat on a small wooden bench. She had time to ponder about this illness that struck the children and elders yet Taisho and most of the people weren't affected. Maybe it was due to the fact that they have stronger immune system and they have more chakra. Sakura learned two things. First, the patients have depleted their chakra but not enough to kill them, it merely exhaust their chakra, it happens a lot during battle. But they did not go into battle. Second, she can give them a fraction of her own chakra to help them recover. The children and elders are too weak to recover the massive lost in their chakra so Sakura has to give share them some. She could do it by summoning a fraction of Lady Katsuyu. But that will require her use of the Byakugou seal. She knew that extensive use of the seal will shorten her lifespan so she never use it unless absolutely necessary. And this situation, she deem it necessary to use the seal. Dozens of lives are on the line, so she wouldn't mind shortening her lifespan.

Yes, she wouldn't mind. But what about Sasuke?

Speaking of whom, the raven haired Uchiha made his way and sat beside Sakura. She almost didn't notice him. She was staring at the lake, pondering deeply what could've been the cause of this all? It could've been a fruit that they ate. But there are so many sorts of fruits here. Or maybe it could be something they drank.

What did Taisho said about the lake draining three weeks ago? It was because of an unusual tree branch that blocked the lake. But where did it come from? It shouldn't just magically sprout. Then Sakura's mind suddenly clicked.

Before she could even feel Sasuke beside her, Sakura suddenly stood, almost surprising Sasuke by her sudden outburst.

"I knew it! Shannarro."

She pumped her fist and smiled triumphantly. All she need is to try and taste the water on the lake. If her body reacted, then the lake is poisoned. All she need to do is share some chakra with the patients then find a way to make a well so the people can drink clean water.

That's right! That's a smart plan.

Her enthusiastic thoughts are in contrast to her sudden feeling of exhaustion. She hasn't had the liberty of sleeping last night. She haven't travelled for a while so her body is still adjusting to travelling.

She almost stumble on her feet until a hand took her wrist and pulled her down on the bench. She couldn't register the fact the Sasuke leaned in so close that when she finally did recognize what happened, she looked beside her and their lips almost touched (a/n: see picture on the media)

"You should take a rest, Sakura," Sasuke whispered. His eyes were closed as his breathing calmed down.

Rest, he said? How could she rest when her heart is racing too fast?This very gesture of intimacy took Sakura by surprise and hundreds of thoughts run in her mind.

Sasuke repeated his words. This time, Sakura allowed herself to rest. Her mind slowly ceased any thoughts as her rigid body calmed down. After all, she has a feeling that tomorrow will be a very busy day.
.
.
.
.

Such a romantic way to end the Chapter. Hope you liked it. Keep in mind that every pictures that I'll be posting in the media always has something to do with what will happen in the Chapter. Those pics aren't mine though.

Vote and comment!