Rani The Future Queen

Author's Note: In my story, I prefer the species of Night Pride lions as African lions rather than Asiatic lions and this story begins here before they moved to the Tree of Life in Asia.

There was another pride of lions lived in a different part of the savannah, far from the Pride Lands. In their pride, most of the lions have chestnut brown fur and some lions have simply brownish gold fur. They ruled their kingdom like the way the lions did to the Pride Lands. Also, they had the duty to protect the circle of life like the way the Lion Guard's duty.

This pride was lead by Sâhasí and his mate Ãnanda and for the duty of protecting their kingdom was led by Chitemo, a former member of Scar's Lion Guard who survived the roar. Also, Sâhasí's mother, Janna, was the queen and the guardian of the Tree of Life in Asia but Sâhasí's pride lived in their own "Tree of Life", which was only a very large acacia tree.

One day, Queen Janna knew a great day came so she have to journey to Africa.

"It is time." said Queen Janna as she woke up one morning.

"Time for what?" asked Ujinga, Queen Janna's mandrill friend and a Royal Mjuzi. She's older than Janna.

"Time...to go to Africa." replied Queen Janna.

"Why? Is there something happened?" asked Ujinga.

"There is." replied Queen Janna, "That's why we're going to Africa...to see my grandchild."

"Grandchild? Wait, Ãnanda gave birth to a cub?" asked Ujinga.

"That's right." replied Queen Janna happily, "I'm a grandmother now. I wanna go and see my grandchild. Shall we go?"

"If you say so, let's go. But who'll guard the Tree of Life?" asked Ujinga.

"I think it's fine about that. After all, no intruders were here to harm the animals of Tree of Life." replied Queen Janna, "And would you lead the way to Africa?"

"Sure." replied Ujinga "I still remember the path to Africa. All thanks to my friend, Rafiki."

Their very long journey to Africa began. The journey to Africa took days and then, it turned into weeks and then, it turned into month. They struggled to get to Africa that Queen Janna and Ujinga wanted to see Ãnanda's newborn cub. They walked passed snowy mountains, across rivers, groves or lakes, passed the seaside beaches, came to Middle East and crossed the African continent. The journey continued as they came to jungles and they traveled the largest desert in the world, the Sahara desert.

Finally, they reached the savannah where Sâhasí and his pride was. Queen Janna and Ujinga arrived at Sâhasí's Tree of Life. All of the lions gathered outside and when they saw the queen and her Royal Mjuzi, they all bowed to Queen Janna.

"Mother!" called Sâhasí as he was delighted to see his mother, ran towards Queen Janna and nuzzled her.

"My son. Am I on time?" asked Queen Janna.

"You're on time, Mother." replied Sâhasí.

"Mother, you're here!" said Sâhasí's younger brother, Surak and did the same Sâhasí did to their mother.

"Surak, my son. I'm glad to see you two. Anyway, where's your cub, Sâhasí?" asked Queen Janna.

"She's with Ãnanda." replied Sâhasí.

"Ah. So it's a female." said Ujinga.

"It is."

"Can we see her?" asked Ujinga.

"If you want to, okay." replied Sâhasí and Queen Janna and Ujinga entered the den of their Tree of Life.

"I'm proud of you having a cub that I become an uncle." said Surak to his brother.

"So am I. My life as a father begins." said Sâhasí.

Inside the den, Queen Janna and Ujinga saw Ãnanda's newborn daughter resting on her lap. The little cub has a chestnut brown fur like the rest of the pride, a dark brown stripe on her back, dark brown spots on her legs and a brown color lined on her ears.

"She's beautiful." said Queen Janna.

"She is." said Ãnanda.

"So what's her name?" asked Ujinga.

"We haven't name her yet." replied Ãnanda, "I was thinking of that."

"Well, is it okay for you that I'll name her?" asked Queen Janna, "I got a perfect name for her."

"You do? What will you name her?" asked Ãnanda. Queen Janna leaned her head closer to her granddaughter.

"Her name will be Rani." replied Queen Janna, "Means queen."

"Rani, I love it." said Ãnanda.

"What's her name?" asked Sâhasí who just came in.

"Her name is Rani." replied Ãnanda, "The future queen."

Then, little Rani turned and faced her grandmother. Queen Janna smiled at her and little Rani smiled too.

"What an adorable little princess." said Ujinga, "And the name suits her."

"Rani. Our little Rani." said Ãnanda and nuzzled her little princess who will be the queen in the future.