Doctor Boox And The Sore Giraffe

My friend Doctor Boox, the animal doctor, lives in a big house with rather a lot of animals: dogs, cats, lizards, goats, and so on. Doctor Boox is not the cleverest man in the world, but he does his best. Well: this is the story about Boox and the sore giraffe. One morning, rather late, Doctor Boox was lying in bed with a few dogs and hamsters, when the telephone rang "Boox here," said Boox. "what do you want?" "Scmitt itty Shoo Shah." said the telephone. "Can't hear a word you're saying," said Boox. This is because he had his stethoscope stuck in his ears. He always kept it there to be on the safe side. He took it off and gave it to a dog to hold. "This is the Zoo," said the telephone. "We've got a sore giraffe here." "where is it sore?" said Boox "In the neck," said the man on the telephone. "oh dear," said Boox."I was afraid of that." "well, can you help?" "oh I'll have a go," said Boox. He put the phone down. "Right lads" said Boox to the dogs. "we're off to the Zoo." "Row! Row! Row!" Shouted the dogs. They went downstairs to Doctor Boox's red sports car and they all got in. Three of the dogs sat on Boox's Knee. "Move over lads," Said Boox. "Let's the dogs see rabbit." And then they were off. Boox drove very fast because it was an emergency. On the way, he had an idea. He was no fool, and as he has not had dealings with an giraffes before, he thought he would practise on a lamppost. So he parked his car by the one of the biggest lampposts in town. "let's see," said Boox. And he took a quick run at the lamppost and went up it in three jumps and a scramble. "Easy!" said Boox. "Pretty good, eh lads?" But when he looked down at the dogs in the car they seemed a long way down and Doctor Boox began to get frightened. He clung very tight to the lamppost. "Row! Row! Row!" shouted the dogs. They wanted him to get know, but Boox didn't know how to get down. Just then, a policeman came along. "What are you doing up there? Sir" he said "Training," said Boox. "I've got to get up a giraffe this morning." " A likely tale," said the policeman. " Get down at once!" "I can't," said Boox. "I'mfrightened." so the policeman want away and got the fire brigade. Soon the red fire engine came along. "I thought you were never coming," Said Boox. The fireman hoisted a big ladder, and Boox Stepped very carefully on to it. "Thanks very much," he said. Then he had another idea. "I'll tell you what," he said. "What about taking me to the Zoo?" "All right," said the fireman, who had nothing better to do that morning. So all the dogs got in the fire engine, and the firemen drove to the Zoo, with Boox still on the ladder. "This is the life," said Boox to himself, as they whizzed through the town with the bells ringing. When they got to the Zoo they drove straight up to the giraffe, who was very sore indeed now, and rather cross. But Boox got out his bottle of liniment on the label it said: DOCTOR BOOX'S DOUBLE STRENGTH NECK RUB and rubbed the giraffe's neck with it. After a bit the giraffe said:"Ahhhhh." "he's better now," said Boox "Thabks you very much," said the Zoo man. "Good old Boox," said the firemen. "Row! Row! Row!" said the dogs. "Don't mention it," said Boox. "Anybody like to come back to my house for a snack?" They all got into the fire engine and went back to Doctor Boox's house where they all had lemonade and three biscuits each out of Doctor Boox's big biscuit barrel. Except Boox. Boox had five biscuits because he thought he owed it to himself after his busy morning.