Chapter Fourteen

Harry made his way down the dark eerie halls. It was so quiet, that you could hear a pin drop. It was strange that there was not a soul in sight, as if everyone had gone and left. He had never been down these halls, didn't have a clue as to why he was there or what he was doing. He looked behind him, peering into the darkness, where there was just barely a sign of light. Maybe I should just head back, he thought. However, just as he was about to leave, he saw something out of the corner of his eye.

Quickly, he turned his head to figue out what it was, only to see a mysterious shadowy figure, before they disappeared around the corner. Mustering up his courage, Harry decided to follow them.

However, after walking for a few minutes, he realized that he had lost sight of the strange figure, and that he would probably not find them again. That is until he heard the soft sounds of someone crying from down the hall. He cautiously crept forward, stopping in front of the door marked the girls bathroom, where the sobbing was at its loudest. He slowly pried open the door, but cringed as it let out a defiant creek. The crying stopped.

Deciding to push his luck even further, Harry stepped forward. Inside the bathroom was lit with an ominous light blue light, casting large shadows upon the cold brick walls. Standing beside the sinks was none other than Draco. His usually perfectly laid hair stood up in unkept blonde strands, his skin pale and slick with sweat, even his unusual silver eyes had dark bags underneath making them look more sunken in.

"Malfoy," he heard himself say, "I know it was you."

Draco- no Malfoy sneered, "You don't know anything, Potter."

The name Potter was said with so much hatred and anger, one would have thought he had destroyed everything Malfoy had ever loved.

He stared into those stormy clouded irises watching him with menace, but there was something hidden, down  deep, and only barely visible.

It all happened so fast. One moment they were only glaring at each other, the next Malfoy had pulled out a blade and they were rolling around on the filthy tile, and slamming into pipes. It wasn't very long until someone got hurt. 

Blood poured from the open wound carved into Malfoy's pale chest. It pooled around him, mixing with the spilled water from burst pipes, creating a sort of red mist in the puddles.

Harry regretted his actions immediately. He places his hands over the large jagged cut, trying to stop the bleeding. He cried out for help, screamed until he couldn't any longer, but no one came.

"This...is all...your...fault," came Malfoy's hoarse voice.

Harry looked down at him, only to find that his eyes had glazed over, and his skin had gone cold.

He lifted his hands to his face, staring at his soaked palms, wet with Malfoy's metallic blood, and he cried.

Harry awoke to the sounds of someone screaming, only to find that it was coming from his own mouth. Someone was touching him, grabbing onto his arms and legs, hurting him. He cried out louder, thrashing his body wildly, similar to that of a caged animal.

"Harry!" someone yelled into his ear, "It's me! It's Ron, calm down!"

Hearing such a familiar voice made his thrashing pause, and his cries go silent. 

Knowing that Ron was with him, Harry closed his eyes and allowed his head to fall back gently hitting the ground. He lay there panting, and trying to get his breath under control, before finally using his voice.

"W-what happened?" he asked, before realizing how dry his lips were, and ran his tongue over them.

"You disappear every night, I was worried," Ron admitted.