twenty-one

"how long will you be away?" donghyuck asked sadly and he fiddled with the blanket, eyes following every movement minhyung made.

currently, the latter was wearing his last piece of armor, watching his reflection in the mirror. the order was too sudden. the king demanded the crown prince to lead a small group of armies to take action at the illegal trading that occurred at the side of the nation. it was the intrusion jeno had investigated before and now they had to finally step forward to end it by peace or by blood.

minhyung wasn't fond of the idea of leaving the tanned male alone in the quarter. of course, there were servants and maids but he couldn't really count on them. he just wanted donghyuck by his side. but work is work. he couldn't just disobey the king's words or drop the sword in the middle of the battle and ran back home.

"it's for a week, baby," minhyung sighed, not liking the days he had to count to let donghyuck know.

donghyuck gasped quietly. it was long for him. seven days without minhyung? how was he supposed to sleep when he was already getting used to having minhyung's chest as his pillow and minhyung's heartbeat as his lullaby? he guessed he wouldn't be getting any sleep then.

"that's.. nevermind," donghyuck pouted even more and his face was looking so sullen it grasped minhyung's attention.

the mattress dipped down because of minhyung's weight, sitting near the tanned male. "i know it's long.. but what can i do donghyuck? i can't be the rebellious son anymore when my reputation is getting better, can't i?" minhyung asked softly as his thumb caressed donghyuck's cheek.

donghyuck leaned to the touch and trapped minhyung's hand there for a while. "i'm sorry.. i just hate to be apart with you even if it's because of your job."

minhyung nodded his head knowingly. "i feel the same baby.. i promise you i'll be back safely, alright? will you promise to wait for me?"

"i promise i'll wait for you," donghyuck smiled. "and by the time you get here, i assure you, you'll become a dad."

"then that'll give me another reason to get back home quickly," minhyung chuckled as he embraced the tanned male in his arms.

donghyuck then got up from the bed and followed minhyung heading to the front door. before opening it, minhyung turned around and faced him. cupping the latter's cheek, minhyung leaned forward and donghyuck automatically closed his eyes as he felt a pair of soft and warm lips were against him.

the kiss was slow and passionate, everything that donghyuck needed at the moment. using the chance he had, he savored the feeling while it lasted. seven days without minhyung's touch was like seven days of losing a part of himself.

after for what like forever, they pulled away, heavy breaths lingering in the air. "i'm going to miss you," minhyung said, lips brushing against donghyuck's ones.

donghyuck couldn't contain his sadness that he choked up, "i-i'm going to miss you more.. i d-don't want you to leave.. what if y-you didn't come back?" it felt like a dejavu. unsure if the person he would wait is coming back or not. and most importantly, alive.

"shh.. baby, don't cry. you're overthinking stuff. i'll be back, i promise you, didn't i?" minhyung soothed the tanned male as he rubbed his back, running his palm up and down in a gentle manner.

"but i-i can't help it.." donghyuck hiccupped as he held tightly onto minhyung's shirt.

"you need to let me go now donghyuck, they're waiting," minhyung muttered softly as if he was afraid to break the latter, even more, well it was true though. minhyung had learned that his donghyuck was indeed fragile that needed a lot of care to handle but he didn't mind at all. he would do anything for him if that meant happiness for both of them.

without love | markhyuckOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara