Escapes and Traps.

Start from the beginning

The door was locked again and Beatriz sat on the floor diagonal from Hermione before lifting her legs to her face and resting her head on her knees. A hand was moved out, being left to reside on Hermione's and it held a good few tears. Beatriz pulled at the toilet paper and handed her some.

"I uh, I was raised by McGonagall, the type of person who could comfort you when utterly distraught but, other than that, nothing. I broke my arm once and the best she did was bring me to Poppy and give me a lecture on lake and broom safety. She was scared to lose me though and that was how she showed it. Now, tell me something, why are you upset and how can I make it better?" Hermione smiled at the brief words spoken and the tissue was used for her nose as she cleared the sticky substance.

"I have no friends, my family are Muggles and have no clue about any of this. Ron was saying today how annoying I was and how I have no friends. Harry just laughed and agreed." Beatriz patted the hand at her fingertips and held it tightly.

"You have me though. Imogen is fun but I don't know her like I know you and her dad isn't a dentist, who else could I go to for my oral hygiene? Look, I may be twelve, only just twelve, but I am still twelve, trust me, I know it sucks to be rejected, outcast and have no friends. I didn't speak to anyone other than mum for nearly 12 years. If she was in a mood with me I had to make her speak to me. Now, don't get me wrong. I knew that she loved everything about me but I love you so I love everything about you." She smiled at the kind words and thanked her for what she had spoken.

"But, what do you do when you don't have people to turn to? I don't have anyone to turn to." Beatriz got her back to sit a little higher before speaking to the girl again.

"You have me, besides, if I am honest, I don't even have my mother now and so I am in the same place as you. I asked her where you were and she treated me like a crazy witch in the dodgy part of Diagon Alley. The type that might jinx you if you stop for a second to talk. I have spoken to Poppy more than I have spoken to mum and that is something. I mean, I have been to the infirmary once since September, well, this isn't true. Mum gave me a present on my birthday. It was by owl though so doesn't count. Just, promise me that you will talk to me. I might not be a decent witch but I can throw a mean punch. Just ask poor Hagrid, to be fair you should never approach a girl having a nightmare." Hermione laughed and for hours they spoke. The tears had dried and the toilet had become colder. They were about to leave when a shuffling was heard and so they waited for it to come to a halt but it didn't. A loud crack filled their ears and they were forced to come out.

Beatriz left first and her eyes widened with fear that she had no recollection of ever feeling. A giant troll stood in the toilets and it had seemingly come from a random place. Hermione quickly followed out when she saw the look of horror on Beatriz's, when she saw the troll a scream escaped for a second and then they both got into hiding.

"Get out. Get help, tell someone." Beatriz pushed at Hermione and she did as she was told. Well, she tried to leave but the troll brought the club down at the front of her. Without thought Beatriz ran out and charged at the troll, Hermione saw it as her time to run, she needed to get help. Beatriz wasn't able to see or remember much else as the club came swinging at Hermione again and so she jumped at it and made it halt. Blood began to drop instantly and it wasn't until the darkness surrounded her that the pain in her body stopped.

A shooting pain soared through her body with a jolt as the light entered into her eyes and reality hit in just as the troll had. The bed was cold but there was a number of staff at the end of the bed and a look of confusion crossed Beatriz's face. She remembered it but also didn't. At no point had Hermione returned and at no point had she stood up and walked to Poppy. Not that she could remember anyway.

"Miss Urquart, what on earth was going through your head? If Miss Granger wanted to battle the troll all alone you should have just told us, you shouldn't have tried to be the saviour." Green eyes closed at the harsh tone but a liquid was poured into her mouth and swallowed down. Madam Pomfrey was not one to be disobeyed or put off by a simple thing.

"Hermione didn't try to fight the troll." Was given as a weak mumble into the cluster of white. Minerva let her mouth run for a second before she noticed how confused Beatriz was and how upset she was.

"Fine, if Miss Granger didn't try to fight the troll what really happened?" Beatriz opened her eyes and took in the figures again as concerned faces looked on, a few of the faces appeared to be accusatory ones and a certain person looked to be annoyed with the girl.

"We were in a stall together, not anything weird. She was upset, that was why she went missing after class and why I missed my lessons after potions, including your class, mum. We talked and eventually, I made her happy but when we went to leave we heard the sound of someone else. We waited and then a crack was heard so we left and then I managed to distract it while Hermione went to get help." Features softened on most of their faces. Snape looked like a possum had crawled up his arse but he always did so Beatriz glanced over it.