Chapter 8: A New Member

Start from the beginning

"What?" She yawned and stretched. Y/N was about to reply, but both of them heard a cracking. They turned their attention to see the egg hatching. Pieces fell slowly, revealing the creature.

"Whoa" Sistine commented watching the egg hatch. Y/N didn't say anything, he just watched in eager to see what is happening. Little by little, they could start seeing black scales within the egg.

'Could it be?' Y/N thought. He knew that this wasn't a bird, because of the scales.

Soon enough, the egg cracked open, revealing a small black dragon. It yawned and batted its eyes.

"Its so cute!" She screaming. "I cant believe it was an actual dragon!"

"Neither can I" Y/N commented. The little black dragon looked at both Sistine and Y/N in curiosity. It decided to jump onto Sistine's head and lay down in her bed hair.

"W-what?" Sistine asked outloud in shock. She went to put her hands close to her head to feel the creature. To her surprise, it nuzzled into her hand.

"Seems to have taken a liking to ya Sistine" Y/N smiled. He looked at the creature on his hud.

Dragon, Level 1. Name?
Hp:100
Mana:100

"Have you thought about a name?" Sistine asked

"Nothing has came to mind yet really. We'll see what happens." Y/N replied. The small dragon jumped from Sistine's head to Y/Ns shoulders. It definitely surprised the both of them.

"Hey there little feller" Y/N stated while rubbing its head. Unfortunately for Y/N the small dragon shot an electric attack, shocking him. It jumped back to Sistine after it did that. Sistine couldn't hold the laughter in anymore. Y/N dusted his hat off and sighed.

"Ya just had to do that huh?" He commented putting his hat back on. Sistine kept giggling, but stopped when the little dragon started to giggle itself. Y/N noticed that when it was laughing, it didn't have any teeth.

"Ahh! That's adorable" she screeched. Y/N only shook his head to what was happening.

"The little thing even has it's own jokes and it don't have any teeth"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few days Y/N and Sistine stayed in the town of Loot and trained the dragon. It was growing slightly fast for it only being two days. They weren't able to ride him though still, but he mainly stayed by Sistine's side, while occasionally going to Y/N.

Turns out, the little dragon can retract its teeth when it wants to. They found this out during one the meals that they fed him.

A few things happened as well, they ran into Naofumi and Raphtalia again. Their egg hatched into a filolial. It grew twice as fast as Y/N's dragon but that didn't really bother him too much.

They were currently at a stable in the town. Sistine and Raphtalia were talking to each other while the little dragon nuzzled up to both of the girls.

"Have you thought of a name?" Naofumi asked while petting his bird. Y/N shook his head.

"Nah, but I think I might call him toothless or something. He can retract his teeth and only show his gums. The little feller has jokes too"

This caused Naofumi to shake his head with a small smile. Only Y/N noticed this.

"Well, what about your Filolial? You given it a name?"

"Yeah, her name is Filo" Naofumi replied petting her again. Y/N look bewildered by the answer.

"That's a plain Jane name, I mean no disrespect to you"