Resting her forehead on his, Jenna let her tears fall as she tried to get him to squeeze her hand but got no response.

"Please don't leave me,"

***

         9-year-old Jenna

"Ain't that the girl from like a week ago?" Playboy asked Nate as they sat on Gunna's doorstep.

"Yeh, I tink shi stay around di corner." Nate answered looking at her trying to figure out what she was doing around this way.

Feeling eyes on her, Jenna looked their way and Nate waved her over and she looked at them skeptically but strolled over.

"Nigga what you doing?" Playboy rose a brow.

"About fi ask why shi nuh in school." Nate shrugged standing up just as she approached them with a slight frown on her face.

"Did I steal something again?" She remarked and Playboy busted out laughing.

Chuckling, Nate shook his head before responding, "Nah, wah iz yur name?"

"Typically, they knew everyone around the way, so they assumed she had to be new out here.

"For what?" She sassed looking at Nate funny and he laughed at her sassiness.

"Well around here, we know damn near everyone... everyone but you." Playboy interjected and she squinted her eyes and tilted her head slightly.

"Jenna... and I live around the corner,"

"Cool, I'm Nate and dis iz Damian... but he goes by Playboy." Nate told her as he motioned for her to sit down.

"Playboy? Like that sex mansion thingy?" She questioned turning her nose up and they erupted in laughter.

She stared at the two welcoming strangers confused which made it funnier.

"That's jus a street name... that's a story for another day." Playboy told her and she nodded watching a car ride by.

"Why aren't yuh in school?" Nate asked looking at her.

"My stepdad picked me up early." She answered staring off.

"Shouldn't you be doing homework then?" Playboy asked and she shook her head.

"Didn't have any... how old are you guys?" She questioned.

"Fifteen." Nate answered.

"Same." Playboy replied and she looked at me.

"Do you guys know my brother? He's thirteen, I think you guys go to the same school." She furrowed her brows and Playboy and Nate stared at one another.

"What's his name?" They both asked.

"Simon... Simon Matthews."