Just the two of us

{Scene: a month has passed since Jiu Chen has returned home} 

"Jiu Chen."

....

"Jiu Chen. Will you go or will you not go?" She pressed again, swinging his arm back and forth like she does every time she wanted something. But of course she wouldn't do so if it doesn't work so well.

He knew he was defenseless against her attack, maybe he even felt a little shameful about it too. He was the God of War after all, how can he be so weak against the words of a woman? And how has she become so much more coy in only 300 years? And had she tried it on anyone else?

"Nian'er is away at the peach forrest with my senior sister," She lead on with a pout, "We haven't been just the two of us in so long...but if you do not want to accompany me, I can always ask Shang Ling Tribe's ruler, he and I can catch up and-

Before she could finish the sentence, Jiu Chen shot up from his seat and hoist her up to walk out of the room, surprising but delighting her at the same time. He grunt in mock dissatisfaction while she thanks him and giggled quietly to herself, not daring to tease him any more than she had, if he decide to get payback later, it might be a disaster for her.

He never understood why she liked it in the mortal realm so much until he had spent those short years with her as Ling Mo. Since then, he had come to appreciate the small insignificant things of this world.

Currently, it was the annual lantern festival, and the street was filled with people wondering about, enjoying the festivities. Among them, the pair blended in to enjoy the festivities, Jiu Chen trailing closely behind as she run from stall to stall examining what they had for show.

Standing in front of a lantern painting stall, the old man handed her a decorative lantern with lotus flowers painted on it.

"Miss, if you write your name down with your partner and send them to the heavens, you will be blessed with happiness."

She looked at the lantern for a long time, but it was Jiu Chen who gave a silver piece to the man and took a brush to begin writing their names onto the paper.

"ChenChen loves XiXi" it was clearly written as a joke to tease her.

"ChenChen..." She test out the words but grin mischievously, "You're too old to be ChenChen."

He opened his mouth slightly, trying to find a rebuttal but closed them again, speechless.

Her giggle grew louder, bringing a smile to his face.

——-

"Jiu Chen, thank you for tonight." She said sheepishly before leaning in to kiss his cheek, she really hasn't seen him in so long, since he has been back, she found herself sometime the same shy girl from before all their trials and tribulation.

Seeing her this way, an overwhelming feeling grew in his heart and he pluck her off the ground and into his arm, teleporting them both into his room, catching her off guard and she fell into the soft bed with him on top of her.

"Jiu Chen.. Wha- What are you going to do?"

He arched a brow at her, suddenly making her hot all over.

"I'm intending to be wicked." He said horsely before pressing his lips to hers, tasting the sweet honey she had early still in her mouth.

She wanted to protest some more but her body was responding on its own and soon enough she gave into the temptation. He truly was being wicked.

She responded to his feverish kisses with her own urgent tempo. As their lips were locked in its own battle, his hands began to rom down her robes, undoing the waistband and undressing her layers by layer. She was so preoccupied with his lips that she hadn't noticed she was laying naked beneath him until he paused to gaze at her.