"We will be back later tonight, all you need is yourself but we must leave now if we are to make it on time" William urged gesturing Aurora to get a move on, mostly so he could escape his Annes death stare.
"Mam I need you to please go tell Mrs Finley I won't be able to come for lunch, tell her I'm sorry and that I will see her tomorrow"
"Of course I'll lock up behind you" Anne nodded before reaching out quickly and taking her daughters arm "please be careful bairn"
Smiling softly Aurora pulled her Mam into a hug and kissed her head almost as if she was a mother reassuring her child.
"Don't worry I will be Mam"
"If he hurts you, take his cap and blind him"
Anne's growl caused Aurora to break out in laughter, she knew she was being serious but Aurora imagined there was no way possible way to be able to overpower Tommy plus she couldn't bring herself to hurt him. Aurora couldn't bring herself to hurt anyone, she was too softhearted.

"It's time to go Aurora" William called out already heading towards the exit.
"I'll talk to Dad for you Mam, why don't you stay here for the night and when I come home we can go out?" Aurora sighed quietly hating the way her mams eyes sadden as she watched her husband leave without so much as a goodbye.
"Me and your Dad will work things out we always do, thank you darling but I have housework to be doing. I'll drive your car home and we can talk when you come for it. You enjoy Birmingham" Anne tried smiling, petting Aurora's cheek lovingly, her eyes filled with unshed tears.
"Goodbye Mam"
Turning around Aurora rushed towards her open door, she could hear her Dads car starting up and knew if she didn't make a move soon he'd leave her at home.

Waiting until the door had shut behind her, Anne broken down in tears and moved to sit down. It was becoming more and more difficult to deal with her husbands moods. She didn't want to fight anymore, they had been fighting since Henry's death. Anne was tired and she could see her overprotectiveness was starting to affect her children but how did she stop after losing one?

The drive to Birmingham was to take just over three hours. Aurora and her Dad had already spent two in absolute silence. She could feel the waves of anger coming from him as he held the wheel in a death grip and Aurora didn't want to talk to him while he was in such a foul mood yet she couldn't keep her mouth shut, she had to say something.
"Dad?" Her voice was small, Aurora was testing the waters before she jumped in.
"Aurora?"
His tone was sharp and warning but it was too late, she had jumped head first.
"You're being too hard on Mam, it hasn't been easy she's still mourning for Henry"
It was then Aurora wished she had opened the car door and rolled out, risking her life rather then sit and receive the glare her Dad was now giving her.
"You think I'm not mourning Aurora! You think I'm not mourning Henry! I LOST MY SON! I WATCHED THEM SNATCH MY BABYS LIMP BODY AWAY BEFORE I EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO REACH HIM! I'm mourning too......we all are"
Aurora had never seen her Dad cry but the tears in his eyes and the devastation on his face made Aurora believe he was about to.

He held on, Aurora had been the one to start crying.
"I'm sorry Dad"
Taking one hand off the wheel, William reached over and took Aurora's hand, giving her a teary smile.
"From now on we mourn together as a family and we move on as a family" he choked out trying to focus on the road so he too didn't weep like baby and nodding in agreement, Aurora squeezed her Dads hand before letting go.

No more words were spoken between them, the car was now filled with a peaceful sadness. Aurora felt guilty for hurting her Dad but also felt a sense of accomplishment. He never spoke about his feelings and she thought keeping them buried would destroy him so while she had hurt him, she had also got him to open up the smallest bit. Closing her eyes Aurora began to fall asleep to the sound of the car engine.

"Do you have a smoke?"
"No Bill"
"Do you have a smoke?"
"Bill I'm not doing this again!"
His eyes were once again peaking over the platform watching her as she sat tiredly on the bench. Aurora's hands went automatically to her pocket and pulling out the cigarette she threw it to the side.
"You want a smoke, come get one"
She wouldn't give in to him, she wouldn't go over there and watch him.
"You know I can't Aurora"
The train was coming, Aurora could hear it, she could see it through the fog.
"Trains early today" Bill laughed, eyes growing dark as he began to step backwards.
"Why Bill?"
"Why what?"
"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HELP YOU?!"