Rikkaidai

"Renji breakfast is ready!" a soft voice called from downstairs. The one who called him is none other than his mother, Yanagi Tomoyo. He looked at his necktie that is well made in front of the mirror and then looked at his watch. The watch is nothing extra ordinary but despite that the watch is actually a customize made watch from a luxury watch maker in Europe that he inherited from his grandfather. After looking at it he exhaled and picked up his bag.

Today is his first day in middle school at the famed Rikkaidai Fuzoku. Currently he is mixed emotion and one that stand a little above the others is his emotions for his childhood best friend, Sadaharu. They used to be the rising doubles of their tennis school and they were featured a couple of times in a magazine for it but he think it would hinder both their growth if they stayed together and hence here he is choosing to create a barrier in order to break boundaries and be the best that he can.

'Sometimes you have to choose different roads and meet other people and face different obstacle in order to rise and shine.'

Keeping that in mind Renji didn't dwell on much longer about his emotion and walked out of his room to eat breakfast.

Their home is a typical Japanese family home of a middle class. A stark contrast to his watch that is now priceless. Maybe if he sells the watch he can buy his parents a decent mansion. His family has been living in the three bedroom Japanese home since Renji turned 3. One wouldn't think that this home is where the heir to the oldest billions of dollars of fortune in Asia lives. The sole reason their family is living in such condition is his father who wanted to prove to the snobbish elite society in Asia that he can provide for his family without the help of his wife's money or connections. This is something Renji learned since he was a kid. He knows and understand the predicament his family is in even without them mentioning a thing about it.

Renji sat down in the four seated table. The food is right enough for him. His father is already gone to work in a accounting office.

"Your tou-san is early for work again." His mother said as she smiled warmly at him and sat in front of him to accompany him.

His elder sister is gone as she choose to live in the dorm at a high school in Osaka. It's a complicated story why his sister choose to study at such a far place. To make matters short she wanted to go as far as she can to be away from their family drama.

"Kaa-san." Yanagi called as he remember his parent's argument last night. Even though they try their hardest to make sure he wouldn't know at his state of mind and way of assessing everything he knows about it.

"Hm?" His mother hummed as she looked at him and smile.

"Did you ever regret marrying tou-san?" Renji asked making the smile on his mother's face falter a little although for other people may not notice it, it didn't escape Renji's sharp eyes.

"Where did you get that?" Tomoyo asked as she looked at his son. If there is something going on in Renji's mind she knows what is it about but as her son grows old she is finding it difficult and difficult as Renji grows more and more complicated.

"I heard you and Tou-san arguing." Renji said not adding the fact that he could see the struggle in his father's face every time he faced his mother's family.