Starstruck Chapter 29. Found

Chapter 29. Found

“He can’t be my father,” Glace said, pacing back and forth inside her room, opening and closing her palms in anxiety. In an effort to calm her, I stood up from my position in the bed, touching her shoulders gently.

“We can’t say for sure baby.” Guiding her to the mattress, I sat right behind her and placed my hands on her back, working my way up to her nape in a soothing massage. At my soft touch, her body relaxed immediately, a sigh coming from her lips. “But what if he is my father Dulce? This is going to be so much trouble, not only for me but for both of us. Can you imagine?” The two of us shuddered in horror.

“It’s not the end of the world though. Look on the bright side. If he is indeed your dad then you’ve acquired a sister.”

“Don’t remind me,” she mumbled with unease dripping from her voice. I knew exactly what she meant. It would start World War 4 and no it wouldn’t be pleasant. Not for me and for Glace, especially their dad. A vibrating sound coming from her bedside table made us look at each other. Her eyes were wide in a mixture of panic and surprise. The mobile phone kept on ringing for a while.

“Answer it,” I urged.

When she didn’t make a move, I reached out for the phone and greeted the person on the other line. “Good afternoon.” Glace continued staring at me with her mouth opened slightly. “Yes I’ll make sure to relay the message to her. Bye.” Turning to my baby I said, “He wants to meet you at his house. Do you want me to go with you?”

She seemed to recover herself, shaking her head slightly. “I won’t go if you’re not there Dulce. I need you.” Taking her hands in mine, I gave it a squeeze to show my support. “Of course Glace. I won’t leave you for one second.”

After our conversation, we went straight to her dad’s house. Glace insisted on driving even tough I told her that it probably would be best if I took us there. But because I didn’t want to argue and I have things to ponder on my own, I let her have her way. Got to be the supportive girlfriend, I thought.

On our way there, both of us stayed silent. She was probably thinking why her dad left her mom, while I on the other hand was praying that it would turn out alright. She deserved to be happy and not only did I hope that her dad would accept her once he knew, I also wished that it wouldn’t be more complicated than it already was.

A few minutes later, Glace skillfully parked the car on the street overlooking the house. She stared worriedly at me. “What if he doesn’t like me?”

I met her eyes, a reassuring look on mine. “Why would you think that? You’re awesome. No you’re more than that. You’re simply perfect baby. Anyone who doesn’t see that is either blind or has mental issues.” A small smile formed on her lips but she quickly glanced out the window to hide the fact that she wasn’t really ok.

“Rick didn’t think so,” she murmured. My left hand found her right leg. “Hey. . . Rick is a jerk. Don’t think about him. I‘m sure your real dad is better than that. Don’t you dare doubt the fact that he’s going to love you once he finds out.”