Starstruck 28. The Search

28. The Search

“Okay we’ve been here for 30 minutes, are you sure she’s coming?”

I rolled my eyes at Tim. “Of course she is. You need to be a bit more patient Timmy. She’s nervous about this. I had a hard time convincing her to go back to her old house because she’ll see Rick again.”

“Fine,” Tim pouted, his chinky eyes almost disappearing. “I want to see this Rick person and kick his bum for making my number one idol Frio sad. What rhymes with Rick anyway?” His brows almost touched. “Oh I know! Sick, lick, and di. . .” Patty kicked Tim under the table.

“What was that for?” he snarled to her. She shrugged and gave him a poker face. “Language please. I’ve told you time and again Timmy, this is a cupcake house. Children eat here.”

I stifled a smile and watched as my two best friends in the world bicker at each other. Patty was right though, we were back at the cupcake shop where we used to hang out. But we weren’t talking about Frio the celebrity like we did before. We were waiting for Glace my girlfriend. My Peter Pan. The mere thought of being hers and vise versa gave me the jitters.

My attention went back to Tim and Patty. They were speaking in harsh but low tones. “You have a very dirty mouth that I’d like to scrub with soap,” Patty snapped. She was usually so quiet, but now she’s going toe to toe with Tim. Being around Eris was making her more outspoken. I shouldn’t worry though. Having confidence was good for her.

“I’ll show you dirty,” Tim smirked. “Let’s put Rick, sick, kick, and the other term in a sentence shall we?” Ignoring Patty’s piercing glare he said, “I’d like to kick Rick’s sick d. What? You thought I’d finish the sentence? Who has a dirty mind now?”

I intervened before Patty exploded. “Guys just drop it,” I pleaded. “We’re not here to fight. The three of us went here to meet up with Glace so we can support and help find her real father. What would she say if she heard you arguing?” I stared at Patty pointedly. “And do you think she’d be amused if she heard you talking about Rick like that?” This time I cut my eyes at Tim.

The two didn’t speak up and pointed behind me. Glancing back, I saw Glace standing there with a gleam in her eyes. She smirked when our gaze made contact. “Oh please continue,” she said to the two. “I’m very fascinated.”

“Sorry,” Patty and Tim mumbled.

“Nah I’m not mad,” she quickly dismissed with a wave of her hand. Glace turned to me and leaned in for a kiss. I was about to oblige when someone spoke loudly. “Hey isn’t that Frio the celebrity?” Oh snap! Glace realized what she was doing and quickly wore the large sunglasses she always carried with her. We made our escape before the gathering crowd pinned us inside the cupcake shop.

My heart pounded in both excitement and nervousness. Good thing there were few people there. I didn’t want to be crushed by a mob. It was the downside of having a celebrity for a girlfriend. But since I was the one who suggested it anyway, I had to suck it up. “That was close,” Glace said with obvious relief in her voice as she shut the door of the car.

“Too close,” I murmured and turned to her. “Seatbelt baby.” Glace buckled her seatbelt while our two companions did the same behind us on the passenger seat. I adjusted the rearview mirror and started the engine. When we were in the safety of the road, Tim couldn’t help but ask. “How do you even survive those kinds of attacks?”

“You make it sound like a zombie apocalypse,” Patty giggled, her laughter echoing inside the car. Glace turned her head to them. “Sometimes it does feel like a zombie apocalypse,” she explained. “People try to grab me, touch me, and even kiss me.” I took a sharp intake of breath and concentrated on the road, my hand gripping the steering wheel tighter.