Chapter Nineteen

Author's

"Wassup", Aaron said as he took in seat in Red Lobster's across from Sadie who wore a big smile on her face.

"God, I missed you so bad", She grabbed his hand and Aaron pulled back shaking his hand and putting both of his hands in his lap.

"Sadie, i'm in love with a girl who carrying my seed. I only wanna be with her. I tried waiting for you to come back to a nigga but I wasn't what you wanted then and you ain't what I want now"

Tears built in Sadie's eyes and Aaron looked down still hating to see his once girlfriend cry. He had hopes for them but when thinking about Brooklyn and the future child he would soon be able to hold he couldn't risk it.

"Listen,I gotta go. Take care of yourself", He kissed the top of her head and pulled up his jeans that sagged a bit before heading out the door into the cold weather and back home.

Nadia Angelic Sims

I walked into the house after work with Rico behind me carrying a sleeping Nathan. Car rides always can do that to him. I slipped off my coat as Rico went upstairs to lay him down.

I was thinking about yesterday. I love Rico, I really do and I never thought I could love someone other than Nathan and get loved back but he proved me wrong and i'm so grateful for him but still the thought of him no longer wanting me lingers in my mind.

And I can't be depended on him so much. I have to leave, Nathan and I need a place of our own just in case. I hope nothing like that ever happens but we never know and I can't be taken off guard.

Rico came back downstairs and I sat Indian style on the couch running my fingers through my hair thinking of what to tell him.

"What's wrong baby? Something been bothering you since you left for school", He came and threw his arm around my shoulder pulling me to his chest.

"I think I need to start looking for a small apartment", I felt him shift and he took his arm from around me. "Rico, just listen first baby. I love you and I know you love me but I can't deal with you just waking up one morning and no longer wanting to even look at me. Where will we go? I can't just be so dependent on you"

Rico shook his head. "Nah,this bout you not trusting me. You think i'ma do something to hurt you or Nathan and that will never happen princess", I looked down at my hands. "I am here for you, always been through everything. I'm not leaving if you not. It's okay to trust me"

I looked up at him and saw genuine care in his hazel eyes. I took a deep breath feeling i'm releasing everything I have.

"Okay. Okay', He cupped my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss. "I love you Rico. I'm putting it all in"

"You not the only one Dia, I got you and Nathan"

Brooklyn Adriana Simpson 

"Aaron where were you earlier?", I asked as we laid in bed. For some reason in my gut I felt something that I couldn't put my finger on.

"I told you I had to go handle business", He was flicking through the channels.

"What does that mean?"

"What does it matter? You my mother now?"

"No but I am your damn girlfriend and the mother of your child", I snapped looking at him and closing my math book.

"Damn Brooklyn calm down. I was out doing some shit. Worry bout you and my baby", He exclaimed rolling his eyes and starting to get out of bed.

"So I shouldn't worry about you? Really Aaron?", His back now faced me and he sighed loudly.

"You shouldn't worry about something I already explained to your ass. I went to handle business", Before I could respond his phone started to ring on the foot of the bed.

I hurried and grabbed it. He stood up and I didn't even make eye contact with him just the caller ID on his phone seeing it wasn't saved.

"Hello? Who is this?", I asked wondering who the hell is calling my boyfriend at ten something at night and I knew it wasn't business.

"Brooklyn give me my phone!", I ignored him and held my hand up.

"This is Sadie. So this the baby mama?", I knew the name Sadie. Aaron told me all about her when we first got together and I felt my heart crack.

"Bitch don't worry bout who the fuck I am. I'm his girl and the mother of his unborn child", I heard her giggle.

"He told me about you when we met today. You should keep a tighter lock on him and not use that girlfriend word so loosely", She hung up the phone.

"So that was the business? You met your ex fucking girlfriend? What y'all do? You told her about me? How you don't want this baby? How i'm just a baby mama? HUH?!", Half of this was hormones and other part was I was hurt.

With blazing tears I grabbed some sweatpants and started to walk to the closet wanting my shoes and an hoodie.

"Baby listen to me. I met her to tell her i'm with you and we got a child", I shook my head wiping away some tears. I pulled my UGG's on and grabbed my black hoodie.

"Brooklyn", He stepped in front of the door and held my waist. "Baby girl listen to me", His voice was calm and soft. "Please don't leave. I want no one but you and i'm beyond excited for our baby. Believe me. You got my heart,my seed, and me"

"Don't do me like this", He begged and started to brush away my tears. 

"Don't ever see her again", Aaron quickly nodded and kissed my forehead pulling me into his embrace rubbing my back.

"You was really gonna leave a nigga?", I giggled softly laying on his chest and he playing in my hair.

"Hell yeah", He chuckled.

"Felt my heart was gonna fall out my fucking chest seeing that", I looked up at him smiling. "You are everything to me Brook. You ain't never gotta worry bout no other bitch"

I pecked his lips and gave him the hold on finger slipping outta bed. I went to my purse that sat at the top of my closet. After school I had another appointment and of course him meeting that bitch he couldn't go.

"8 more months", I said giving him the ultrasound.

"Wow", His eyes glistened and my heart warmed just seeing the love he already held for the baby. "This half of me. This shit is real Brook. You really got my baby"

"You happy right?", It always stays in the back of my mind that he could possibly not want this baby or me.

"I'm more than fucking happy", He kissed me and I smiled big.

"I'ma be there for the next appointment. I promise", I nodded and squeezed his hand laying my head on his shoulder just watching him stare at the ultrasound in amazement.