𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"take me back home," she answered, glaring up at him.

"funny of you to say," he chuckled sarcastically at this. "considering your record says you have run away from eight difference foster homes. you don't even understand the concept of a home."

cindy pouted, glancing down to her crossed arms. she hated the idea that he had a point— but she wouldn't dare admit it.

"which means i'll have no problem escaping your house," she replied in a grumble, continuing to pout.

"i'd like to see you try," he tittered before squatting down to her level, his expression all the more serious. "now get out the car."

"no."

"happy, help, please."

______________________

"i can't believe it took an hour to get her out of the car," tony sighed as he held onto her arm, happy holding on to the other. they led her into a building— no, not even a building— a tower. she strained her neck to look up, recognizing the building as the avengers tower, her feet halting underneath her body.

"come on, don't tell me it's gonna take an hour to get you into the tower too," tony whined, tugging her towards the entrance. "what's the issue?"

"i— i can't go in there, i'm still wanted," she stuttered. "are the other avengers in there?"

he scoffed and grumbled as he finally gave her one last final push inside the building. "no, they're away. you have nothing to worry about right now."

she tsked at "nothing to worry about", as if she hadn't just been taken in by the man she had fought against nearly three months ago.

"happy, take care of her, would you?" tony released the deep breath he had been holding in, raising his eyebrows at the man. happy narrowed his eyes as he looked over at cindy, grabbing onto her arm.

"and here we go again," she grumbled, struggling against his hand.

"let's just do this the easy way, yeah?" he mumbled before beginning to lead her towards the elevators, pressing the 'up' button. they soon stepped onto the elevator where he had finally let go of her arm, pressing a button leading up to the penthouse.

"where are you taking me?" she questioned with an eyebrow  raiser up to her hairline. cindy fumbled with the backpack straps lounging on her shoulders as the elevator made its lengthy ascent up to the top floor.

"to your room," he replied. "so i finally don't have to deal with you anymore."

cindy pursed her lips at this, gazing up at the ceiling.

"great," she mumbled underneath her breath, the doors finally sliding open. "woah."

"this is tony's apartment," happy replied as he continued walking, gesturing for her to follow him. "come on, i have to show you to your room."

he led her through the corridor, stopping in front of one of the many doors, his hand reaching for the handle. she held her breath as he turned the handle, pushing the door wide open for her to see inside.

and her jaw dropped.

the room was bigger than any bedroom she had ever seen, a king sized-bed a stark difference from the twin mattresses she was used to sleeping on. the room was very white, not a single trace of color in sight. white bookshelves, white desks and tables, white rugs-- it was as if everything had been drained of life, as if the room itself were a canvas, waiting to be painted on. only, she never had a space like this before, a space where she could make a mark, a space that she could call her own.