18

Eddie sat in the back of the truck as they drove in silence. He had meant to check on Richie with his powers, but he didn't know if Hopper would get annoyed with his use of power.

"How far are we, El?" Hopper asked, pulling Eddie from his thoughts.

They'd been driving for hours. It was nearly six o'clock, and Eddie was tired of sitting in the car. He wanted to find Eight, find Brenner, get his memories back, and spend time with Richie.

Who was probably pissed off and panicking.

Eddie pushed the thought from his head and instead turned his attention to El and Hopper's conversation.

"We're nearly there. I'd guess another thirty minutes or so?" El guessed, looking at the map they had gotten from a corner store.

"Okay, when we get there, you two are staying in the truck."

El began to protest, but Hopper stopped her.

"El, it's too dangerous. I'll warn Eight, and my backup should show up to make sure Brenner isn't lurking anywhere," Hopper said in a firm voice, showing he wouldn't allow the two to change his mind.

"Her name is Kali," El grumbled, arms crossed and looking out the window.

They sat in a tense silence until Eddie broke it.

"What about my memories?" he asked timidly, knowing Hopper wasn't someone to mess with, especially when their emotions were running high.

Thankfully, Hopper didn't yell and simply sighed. "I'll try to find a way to work with the people that are helping us so you can get your memories back," he said, glancing back at Eddie so he could see that he was being genuine.

Eddie nodded, though Hopper didn't see it since he turned around. With his knowledge that he'd be able to get his memories back, he decided to try to check on Richie. Eyes closed, breathing slowly, Eddie saw his vision come into place.

"You want us to drive to Aloville?"

Eddie could tell the vision was from earlier in the day, after Richie realized he'd vanished. Richie and Mike Wheeler were in a video store, talking to two of the employees.

"Yeah, we do. Eddie and El took off and Brenner's after them. Come on, Steve!" Mike said, clearly annoyed.

"Why don't you ask Jonathan or Nancy? They're more involved in this situation than we are."

"Because they're not going to drive us. They don't want any of us involved because we're not adults yet."

The boy sighed, and his coworker stood beside him, a small smile on her face. Eddie had learned their names were Steve and Robin when they showed up at Will's house the day before.

"We should help them, Steve," Robin said, smiling at the pair. "They're smarter than most of the adults involved."

Steve sighed but grabbed his keys. "Call Kenny and tell him something happened and we had to leave," he said irritably, walking toward the door.

Robin raised her eyebrow and called her boss. "Hey, Steve and I had to leave, Steve's having a diarrhea issue and so... yeah, see ya Monday!" she said quickly, earning a glare from Steve and a small giggle from Richie.

God, Eddie loved that sound.

Then, he flashed forward to later in the day, where all four of the people in their vision were in the car, sitting quietly. There was a familiar sounding song on the radio, but Eddie couldn't pinpoint it.