Kyle Kuzma Request

Mariana's POV
I got tickets to a Lakers game. Not just any tickets, but I got like 5 rows behind the team. At this game, they're playing the Dallas Mavericks. I'm going because I've been a Lakers fan my whole life, got it from my moms side of the family. But I'm also secretly hoping to see Kyle Kuzma, my old childhood best friend/crush.

*FLASHBACK*
"KYLE" I yelled as he smeared brownie batter on my cheek. We were hanging out at my house and got bored so we decided to make brownies.

"Yes?" He batted his eyelashes

"Oh shut up, hand me that towel"

"I know a better way of getting it off" he smirked

"Oh yeah? What way is that?"

"Like this" he kissed the batter off of my cheek. I blushed and turned away. God, I love this boy

*END OF FLASHBACK*

We both promised to stay in touch during college. He went to the University of Utah and played basketball and I went to Brigham Young University. Less than an hour apart, That was unintentional, sort of. I wanted to stay near my best friend but also live my own life.

After college I moved to LA ready to live the city life I always dreamed of. He was drafted by the nets, but was traded to the Lakers. So I thought we would still be able to stay together. Never officially a couple, but still acted like one.

Sadly, that did not happen. He got caught up in the busy basketball schedule and I started my life in LA. LA was great for me. I got a job and live the "Hollywood Dream" type of lifestyle. We just lost each other because we lived separate lives.

"You can step though ma'am" he security office said. I walked through the metal detector and headed to my seat. I sat down and the players were warming up. I got here at the perfect time.

A few minutes into the game, there was a tv timeout. All the huddled around the coach and looked at the play being drawn on the board. All except one, kyle kuzma. Instead of watching what was going to happen, he was staring straight at me. I couldn't tell what the look in his eyes was. Confusion? Excitement? Anger? I couldn't tell. All I know was, since that look, he's been somewhat distracted.

Lakers won 113-110. Close but they pulled it out.

"MARIANA" I heard someone call my name as I was getting ready to leave my seat. I looked to where I heard the voice and I turned to see Kyle looking to me from the court. I gave him a confused look

"STAY, PLEASE" he yelled again. I nodded in response and sat back down in my seat. Why? I have no idea.

About an hour later of scrolling through my different social media apps and the stadium being cleared of most people, Still some fans waiting to see if they could get a picture or autograph, Kyle came out from the locker room.

"Come down here" he said to me and I walked down to the court. He helped me over the last row of chairs.

"How are you?" He asked me

"I'm fine? What's going on why did your want me to stay?"

"I haven't seen you in so long, it caught me off guard. I just, I don't know. Want to get something to eat?" He said nervously

"I guess?" I said with confusion in my voice

we headed toward the locker room to head out the back way. Of course he stopped to take a few pictures and sign autographs. A man of the people.

"Is delivery okay? And we can go back to my place? I just don't want to stopping for pictures or anything while I'm with you. Especially since there's so many people in the city from the game"

"Yeah, that's fine" he drove us back to his house and ordered Chinese. His house is nice too. I mean, with his salary, I can't say I'm surprised.

"Alright it will be here in 20-30 minutes"

"Ok Kyle, let's get to it, why did you invite me here?"

"I wanted to see you"

"We both know you could have called or something. So why now? Did you just suddenly remember you childhood friend for years still exists?"

"Woah where did this anger come from?"

"Frustration Kyle! We were best friends and so close and you just..forgot about me"

"I didn't forget, I just didn't have time"

"No time to send even a simple text. So time for a 5 minute phone call. I know nba and college basketball can be a busy lifestyle but you made no effort"

"You didn't either!"

"But I did Kyle! I tried to text, I tried to call, but you never answered or responded" he stayed quiet

"I just, god I can't do this anymore"

"Do what?"

"Pretend that I don't regret everyday i didnt text or call and not tell you. Pretend that I don't care or never cared about you because I do! I always have. Mariana I've been in love with you since we were kids. I could never admit it because I always thought it would ruin our friendship"

"Kyle I-"

"No this was stupid. You can take the food whenever it gets here and leave"

"I was going to say I feel that same way"

"What? Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I just could never tell you because I always thought you never wanted a relationship with me because you were always going after other girls"

"I only went after them because I thought I couldn't have you" he said sadly "that's changing right here, right now." He said and pulled me close into the most passionate kiss I've ever had. It got heated quickly. Years of hidden feeling came out in one kiss.

He slipped his tongue in my mouth as the make out session started. His hands made their way down to rest on my ass. And he gave it a rough squeeze making me moan in his mouth. My hands found their way to the hem of just shirt pulling it up. He broke the kiss for a pull it all the at off.

"You don't understand how much I've wanted to do this" he huffed while connecting our lips again. He started to lift my shirt when the doorbell rang

"GOD DAMMIT" he shouted "of course the food has to come at the worst possible time" he chuckled. He answered the door, shirtless I might add, and paid for the food.

"Now where were we?"

"I do believe you said I could take the food and leave, so I think I'll be going" I grabbed the bag of food and jokingly made my way to the door

"I don't fucking think so" he grabbed my wrist that wasn't connected to the hand I was holding the food in and pulled me back towards him. I dropped the bag out of shock

"I don't care, I'll clean it up later. I just need your right now" he growled and picked me up taking me to his bedroom.

I guess you can figure out how that night ended

____________________________
I'm the worst and I know it. I'm not even gonna try to hide from the fact that I'm just a terrible updater. I will try better I promise

-Miranda