Alex O'Connell

For wowzaii
I love all of her books and stuff y'all should definitely go give her a follow and read her stuff!! Plus she's so funny and literally perfect.
Okay, onto the imagine lol

Cami's POV
Being a trainer for Duke Athletics can have its ups and downs. Being a student trainer, it's a lot worse. People give you a lot less respect. I took a lot of summer classes and high school classes just to become an aid here. I work for all teams, but usually the volleyball team because I used to play volleyball.

"Hey Cami, I have a big opportunity for you" Matt, one of the head athletic trainers, came up to me as I was finishing up wrapping one of the volleyball players ankles.

"Cool, what's up?"

"You know how the men's basketball team is going to Canada tomorrow?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, one of the other trainers got sick and can't go tomorrow. We need another trainer there and I can't find anyone else available. Can you go?"

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes. Everything has already been paid for so you don't need to spend any money on the hotel or anything"

"Oh my god, of course I'll go"

"Cool I'll tell coach your going. By the way, you might have to sit with one of the players because of tight seating"

"Ok. Tell them to put me next to a cute one" I said jokingly, but I mean. If I'm being honest, might as well give me a single hottie

"Very funny" he said sarcastically "be here at 7 am sharp tomorrow"

"That means waking up early, can I cancel"

"Wow. Full of jokes today. No" he said sassily.

"Ok, bye Matt" I said laughing a little

~Time skip to TOMORROW cuz they have a basketball game. Just kidding, it's just the plane ride~

I arrived at Cameron and then took a bus to the plane. Now I'm just waiting for them to let us get on.

"Duke University Basketball and Crew can now board the plane" some woman said over the intercom. We all got up to get on the plane.

I'm now checking my last minute carry on to make sure I have everything.
Wrap, check
Band aids check
Tape, check
Gauze, check
Seems like I'm good to go.

They scan my ticket and now I'm heading on. Row 6 seat 2. Cool. I'm walking and I see that I'm gonna sit next to Alex O'Connell. They did listen to my request.

"Hey, I believe I will be sitting next to you today" I say to Alex

"Cool, let me move so you an get in" he told me getting up so I could get to my seat. Wow, he was a lot taller than I expected

"Thank you" I said squeezing into my seat which is next to the window "I'm Cami, I'm a student trainer for duke athletics"

"I knew I've seen you before" he exclaimed "I'm Al-"

"Alex O'Connell, Duke basketball player. I know" I cut him off

"Yeah, that's it" he laughed. His laugh is infectious. It made me smile

"You've got a beautiful smile" he said making me smile even more and blush a little

"Thank you"

"We have a long flight, 20 questions?"

"Sure"

~Time Skip cuz I'm still lazy~

"HEY CAMI"

"WHAT MARQUES"

"CAN YOU WRAP MY ANKLE"

"CAN YOU STOP YELLING"

"Ok" he said while coming and sitting on my table. I laughed as I started wrapping his ankle when I felt someone come up behind me

"Me next?" I recognized that voice. Then again, I did spend multiple hours listening to it on the way here.

"When was the last time you had an ankle problem?" I chuckled

"The time I tripped falling for you"

"Shut up O'Connell and go warm up" he laughed with Marques and they went out to warm up for the game.

"Good luck boys"

"Thanks Cami" The both said as the walked through the door. I grabbed my sideline bag and went to take my seat behind the players bench.
Just a few minutes into the first game I saw Alex get elbowed in the eye. That's gonna be bad.

"Alex, can you stand" I asked him as I rushed onto the court

"Ow, Yeah" He said holding his hand in front of his eye and I put my hand on his back guiding him back to the locker room to check out his eye

"Ok I need you to remove your hand" I told him and he removed his hand "Just look straight" I said while getting out my tiny light to check his eye. As I'm moving the light up and down and back and forth I just feel Alex's stare. I make eye contact with him and we just stand there not daring to do anything.

"Um, hows my eye" Alex asked braking the silence, but not the eye contact

"Well, not good. I'm no eye expert so I'll have to call another doctor in" I said never removing my eyes from his trance

"That sucks" he said disappointed "you know what doesn't suck?"

"What?"

"This" He said before grabbing the back of my neck and pulling me closer to him. He closed the last gap between us by connecting our lips. We shared a slow and sweet kiss. It felt like hours when we pulled apart. I stood there, breathless.

"Be my girlfriend? Please" He said trying to catch his breath too

"Is your hair curly and fluffy?"

"I'm taking that as a yes"

"Duh" I said ruffling his hair.

______________________________
2 days in a row posting? I'm on a roll
I have one imagine left to do. Any other players? NBA or Duke don't forget!!

-Miranda