Games and Promises

Draco had wandered into the kitchen looking bemused.

Harry was cooking, which only served to make Draco laugh. 'Merlin, Potter, you're a right little domestic Goddess, aren't you? When did you learn to cook?'

'Long story,' Harry muttered.

'Isn't it always, with you.' Draco leant against the wall, watching him. He still had his dog collar and a white shirt on but had changed into a loose fit pair of navy jeans. Harry wasn't entirely sure whether he preferred 'Dirty Draco' or 'Laidback Draco'. Either way, he was feeling tense.

'So,' Draco drawled carelessly. 'I was wondering whether you could oblige me by removing this collar. Much as the look seems to have the desired effect on you, it's rather choking.'

Harry turned the hob down so his pasta sauce could simmer and walked over to Draco. 'Show me!'

'Hmm, commanding! I like a dominant man.' And he nonchalantly pushed himself off the wall.

Harry looked emotionlessly at Draco and raised an eyebrow.

'So, what does it take to get to the real Harry Potter?'

'It takes me to trust you and for you to drop the bullshit.' Harry felt his frustration with Draco building. He was unsettled and becoming more disconcerted by the minute. He knew his patience was about to snap and he needed Draco to stop his relentlessly false teasing. He also needed to concentrate on this collar and work out how to break the curse. He studied it intently. It was a solid band of leather apart from where the D-Ring was attached and without a sign of a break or fastening. 'Turn that way!' Harry pushed Draco's head to the left. Close to the man smelt overpoweringly of that damned aftershave, it made his knees feel weak. He tried to twist the band around Draco's neck but it didn't move easily. 'You need to turn slowly, so I can see it all.' It was easier when Draco wasn't looking at him directly, without him scrutinising him with those silver-grey eyes.

'I'll willingly let you see it all, you only need to say the word, Harry,' Draco insinuated as he slowly turned 360°.

He ran two fingers along the collar as Draco turned, trying to feel something, anything, in the surface.

'I've seen more than enough,' he replied blandly as Draco stopped in front of him again.

'And did you like what you saw?' Draco dragged his long index finger slowly down the middle of Harry's chest over his t-shirt. 'Because I like what I see.' The finger ran lower. Harry knew he was clenching his abs as Draco reached his belt and he bent his finger over it, tugging Harry slightly closer towards him. 'Hmm, finally up close and personal with the Saviour of the Wizarding World.'

Harry hooked a finger into the D-Ring on Draco's collar and suddenly he wrenched Draco closer by it so his lips grazed Draco's jaw. 'I suggest you stop,' he hissed in a low dangerous voice. Draco's hand that was tugging on Harry's belt froze. Harry twisted his finger slightly and Draco dropped his hand away immediately, he was rigid with fright as the collar tightened around his neck. 'I am trying to help you, Draco. That is all I have been trying to do since I stepped into your bedroom and yet you insist on this self-centred bullshit which throws it all straight back in my face. If you continue this charade to get a rise out of me, you will succeed and I will lose my temper. You are a little boy playing at men's games. And it is a perilous game to play with me because I promise that if I lose my temper, you will find I am no better than your mother or your father. So, desist, Draco, and then I will continue to help where I can.' Harry let go of the collar, shoving Draco slightly back against the wall as he pushed past and left the kitchen.

'But what about dinner?' Draco shouted after him but there was a slightly scared intonation in his attempts to sound blasé.

Harry didn't care. 'I'm no longer hungry.'