"Not today." Steve pushes the scepter aside and flips, kicking Loki hard.

"The guy's all over the place," Natasha says in concern, trying to aim at him. Steve and Loki are in a cycle of knocking each other to the ground.

AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" starts playing through the speaker. "Agent Romanoff, you miss me?" Tony Stark asks. Natasha smiles slightly, as do you. Both Steve and Loki look up when the music blasts through the quinjet's speakers. The Iron Man comes streaking like a bullet through the sky, shooting at Loki, who is thrown back. Stark lands and aims several weapons at Loki. "Make your move, Reindeer Games." Steve walks up and stands next to Tony. Loki's illusions dissipate as he raises his hands in surrender. Tony stores his weapons away in his suit. "Good move."

"Mr Stark," Steve greets, out of breath.

"Captain," Tony says.

"We're landing. Get Loki onto the quinjet," Natasha says, her voice reaching their communicators. As the quinjet lowers, she looks back at you. "You know we aren't gonna let him touch you, right?"

You nod, face pale. Darn you, Fury! Why the heck did you send me on this mission?

When Loki is led on board by Steve and Tony, he looks at you in surprise, but doesn't say anything. Tony has him sit down, and Steve comes to you, worry written on his face. "Everything will turn out alright," he says quietly.

"I, I know, it's just nerve wracking, y'know," you answer, tongue stumbling through the syllables you speak.

"I'm sure it is." He hesitantly sets his hand on your shoulder, unsure if that's appropriate at the moment. "I'll keep you safe."

You nod and smile worriedly, placing your hand on top of his on your shoulder.

"Am I interrupting something?" Tony asks. You roll your eyes and face him. He had taken his helmet off. He offers his hand, still encased in his suit. "Tony Stark. I take it that you're the clairvoyant. Glad we've cleared up whether ESP is real or not."

Not quite. You shyly shake his hand. "It's a pleasure," you say timidly. You turn to Natasha. "How long until we get to the carrier?"

"Fifteen minutes." She smiles comfortingly at you.

You turn to see Loki staring at you, his face showing a mixture of confusion and intrigue. Don't even look in his direction. You look down, praying the fifteen minutes, plus however long it takes to figure out Thor, can hurry up and get over with.

You listen as Natasha radios Fury. "We got him. No Cube though."

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asks.

"Not a word."

"Just get him here. We're low on time." The conversation ends there.

Steve sighs. "I don't like this," he tells you and Tony.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony responds.

"I don't remember it being that easy," Steve counters. "This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing, Pilates?"

"What?" Steve asks in confusion.

"It's like calisthenics," you answer.

"You might have missed a couple things doing time as a Capsicle."

"Play nice, you two," you say. "We'll catch you up," you tell Steve.

"Thanks," he tells you softly before turning to Tony. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." You see lightning flashing through the window.