עשרים ושתיים

"Ta-da!" Loki says playfully as the ship skids across the Svartalf ground.

It takes some time for your eyes to adjust from the incredibly bright pathway to the dark world you now stand in. You look around in awe as Thor covers Jane with a blanket, who is still unconscious. "Not a very welcoming place. I'd rank it in between Kamino and Mustafar."

"Are those planets?" Thor asks.

"Fictional ones." Or not.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins," Loki says with a sigh, staring at Jane. For a split second, he gives you a look though. Crap. He's going to read my thoughts to try to figure me out again, isn't he? It would certainly make sense. His line about Jane can certainly apply to you as well.

"It would consume you," Thor states solemnly. You subtly tilt your head towards Thor, trying to say he is right about both the Aether and your 'powers.'

"She's holding up alright." Another look directed towards you, before he turns back to Jane. "For now."

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know," Thor says defensively.

Loki pauses, and you sit down in between and Thor, on the side opposite Loki (because you know Thor will nearly attack Loki momentarily. "Say goodbye."

"Not this day," Thor responds immediately. You look down at your feet, feeling uncomfortable. I'm right here, guys. I don't need to hear the debate about whether it's worth it to love humans because of our tiny lifespans. Or, at least that's what you tell yourself is the source of your discomfort.

The argument continues, and you try to ignore it until you can't anymore. Thor is practically on top of Loki, about ready to punch him. You look up and snap your fingers. "Hey! Could you two wait until after Malekith is dealt with to kill each other?!"

Slowly, Thor backs away from Loki. "Mother too wouldn't want us to fight."

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked," Loki admits.

"No one would be," you mutter.

"I wish I could trust you," Thor says, sounding deeply saddened for obvious reasons.

Thor turns away and walks to sit next to you. Putting himself between you, Jane, and Loki. Smart. "Trust my rage."

They fall silent for a few minutes. Thor quickly breaks the silence though, saying they needed a plan. He starts listing his ideas as you listen apprehensively. That is nothing like what is supposed to happen. Before you can respond, you hear Loki's voice in your head.

"Not the brilliant plan you were hoping for?"

You hold back a sigh. Maybe this will work though. "It's not lining up with what I've foreseen."

"And what have you foreseen?"

"You stabbing Thor, supposedly betraying him and delivering Jane to Malekith. But it was all a ploy to remove the Aether from Jane so that Thor could destroy it."

"I can do that."

"Are you sure? How is Thor going to know you don't actually mean it?"

"Oh, this is not the first time I've done this because his plan was foolish."

"You two are something else. What do you want me to do?"

"When I 'betray' Thor, Jane will likely try to help him. Make it look like you're going to teleport her away. I'll stop you, make it seem you are unconscious."