"That's not just a door, that's an elevator." Athena said curiously.

Natasha figured out the code with her smart little Shield computer, and soon, all three entered the elevator. Athena a bit more reluctant than the other two as she remembered the last time she was in an elevator with Steve.

The metal box groaned tiredly as it took them even further down, and when it stopped, Athena was the first to walk out.
She was in complete shock at what she saw when the lights switched on automatically.
Rows upon rows of old computers turned on before the three, and a desk with a couple screens stood before them.

"This can't be the data-point, this technology is ancient." Natasha said, reminding Athena why exactly they were here.
She walked closer, looking around the impressive machine, and as she did so, noticed a small flash drive port.

"This doesn't look too old." She said pointing at the small piece of technology.
Natasha quickly walked over and put in the flash drive which seemed to activate the ancient computer in the room.

"Initiate system?" The computer asked. Using the keyboard, Natasha replied,
"Y-E-S, spells yes." She smiled as the old computer started to crank up.

"Shall we play a game?" Athena couldn't help but grin at Natasha's reference. Back at her room in the organisation's headquarters she didn't have much, but she did have a computer, a tv and a lot of movies. They found it crucial that she knew of modern pop culture.
Steve didn't seem to find it funny at all however, so Natasha elaborated her joke.
"It's from a movie that-"

"Yeah, I saw it." Athena almost flinched at the tone, but decided to not get involved in their problems.
Suddenly they heard an accented voice speaking, and all looked around confused before their eyes fell to the computer screens.

"Rogers, Steven. Born, 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born, 1984. And.. oh, our dear Serpent. Athena.." They could see an old camera moving above them as it analysed them. It hesitated slightly when it landed on Athena.

"It has to be some kind of a recording?" Natasha spoke first.

"I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am." The computer screen showed an old green digital and distorted photo of a man with round glasses.
Steve tensed up.

"Do you know this thing?" Natasha asked Steve seeming slightly disturbed.
"Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years." Steve replied perplexed.

"He is Swiss." Athena said looking at the screen.

"Very good Athena. I am Swiss. Second correction, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972 I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body, my mind, however, that was worth saving on two hundred thousand feet of data banks. You are standing in my brain." Athena's eyes shone with curiosity as she wandered to one of the huge shelves of computers. She found it fascinating that such advanced technology had been made back then.
But she already knew.
She had been taught the entire history of the organisation through torturous rote learning.

"How did you get here?" Steve questioned the doctor.
"Invited." Zola replied simply. Natasha nodded and looked thoughtful for a second, but Athena was the one who spoke up. "Operation Paperclip after World War II. SHIELD recruited German scientists with strategic value."

"They thought I could help their cause. I also helped my own." If a distorted computer image could ever look smug, this was it, Athena thought as she returned to her spot in front of the screens. "HYDRA died with the Red Skull." Steve stated angrily.