Chapter 14

---------------------------------------------------------
5 YEARS LATER
---------------------------------------------------------

The music room was fairly quiet for the moment, but Louis knew it wouldn't last. It had become a more and more popular hang out place for everyone as the years went by, especially as the nights became colder and people didn't feel like spending time starting a fire to keep warm.

Truth be told, he didn't like everyone coming into the music room at the start. It always seemed to be when he would be practicing piano, and like clockwork, it would be around two minutes before someone asked him to stop playing so they could talk in peace.

After a while though, he began to enjoy having the company in the room. Gradually, the others began to respect the fact that this was his place to play and tried to avoid coming in when he was playing, otherwise they would keep the noise down or, even more miraculously, come in to actually listen to him play. If anything was an indicator that he was getting better at playing, that was definitely it, as well as also helping encourage him to make sure the piano was in tune (Clementine would always punch him in the arm when he called her over to blow the strings)

He used to think he kept the room fairly clean, but apparently it was nowhere near it. Now with more people using the room, and using it more frequently, it was given a quick clean every now and then to make it more comfortable. The furniture in the room was no longer covered in a layer of dirt, books were returned to their proper place on the shelf and not splayed randomly across the floor, and the curtains and couch were given a thorough beating to get out the dust that had collected over the years.

He wasn't the only one that used the room to practice playing. Like now for instance, as he stood in the doorway to the room, watching Zara pluck away at the guitar he had gifted her all those years ago. She had been practicing where she could, in the off times they had to themselves, which were far and few between.

Zara was sat on the old and weathered couch, her guitar in her lap as she practices a song he doesn't know, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she plays. Violet is with her as well, sat on the floor, leaning against Zaras legs with a book in hand, flipping through the pages as she practices her reading.

It's very... Domestic?

"Ah, mother-" Zara exclaims after after messing up on part of the song.

"How long have you been playing guitar again?" Violet teased with a smirk on her face, not taking her eyes away from the book she was reading.

"You think you can do any better?" Zara retorted, leaning forward slightly to glare at Violet below her, resting an arm over the guitar.

"Y'know what? I probably could. And I'm the one that's blind. What does that say about you?"

"Oh, don't you give me that. You're half-blind at the most," Zara argued back.

"You can't argue about my type of blindness to distract from the fact that you suck at playing," Violet joked as she closed the book lightly on her fingers, craning her head back to grin up at Zara.

"Jeez, get a room you two," Louis teased with a smile from the doorway, snapping the two out of the grinning trance they were in.

"We are in a room. You're the one that interrupted," Violet retaliated from the floor, none too happy about having her time with Zara spoiled.

Louis did his best not to startle at the feeling of a hand touching his cheek, brushing down to his chin and staying there for a moment.

"Think it might be time for a shave?" Clementines voice comes from his side, answering the question of who was touching him.