Chapter 18: Girls (女の子)

Start from the beginning

So not only did you worry about Tanjiro trying to score upper moon blood, but you worried for everyone else. Especially your brother.

Soon as quick as possible, every pillar would have received the message about Rengoku by now.
_____
At the butterfly estate, you were placed in bed rest as your two legs got casted.

Sometimes when you wanted to move around, the girls would help you to your wheelchair.

And today you wanted to move around. Tanjiro told that he was going to Rengoku's home to see his little brother.

You didn't stop him. That was his decision, and you knew if you stopped him he would still keep going.

You didn't call for anyone to help you, so you struggled a little to get on your wheelchair. It was a pain but you managed.

As you were strolling around the halls, you heard some noise coming through Tanjiro's room.

"Tanjiro isn't here! Ah! I'm so sorry Zenistu!"
You heard a little girl's voice.

You wheeled yourself seeing Kiyo freaking out while Zenitsu was bleeding.

"I'm so sorry! Tanjiro isn't anywhere! Tanjiro's wounds haven't healed and he was training, so Shinobu got angry...! We told him to rest up too!" She says.

"He had a huge hole in his belly, right?! And he still went somewhere! Is he stupid?!"

"He went to Rengoku's house" you interfered.
Kiyo and Zenitsu turned to you.
"(Y/n), you should be resting, did you get to your chair all by yourself?" Zenistu said.

"I did. And Tanjiro will be okay, even if you tell him to not go, he'll do it anyway"
"Yeah, but still..."

You smile slightly.
_____
When Tanjiro came back he told you what happened at Rengoku's house. You felt bad for him but glad he was okay.

It's been four months now, and your legs has been healed up. Now you were ready to go on missions.

You started training just like everyone else. You wanted to get your strength back after all those weeks of rest.

As you were focusing on slashing through dummies, Shinobu suggested you to breath out of large gourds. Though you didn't find that hard to do really.

While you were concentrating, on your senses and breaths, you heard shrieks. You open your eyes to find where that was coming from.

"Let us go!"
"My god, just shut up"

"Please stop it!"
"Just let them go!"
"Let them go!"

Two girls from the estate were getting taken away form none other than the sound pillar himself.

"Ka-Kanao! Kanao!"

With all her willpower, she made her own choice to move. She was pulling on the sound pillar's uniform.

"Kanao..."
"Don't just pull on me so plainly. You have your orders"
Kanao didn't say anything and just kept on pulling.
"Just say something, you plain boring person!"

"Charge!"
Now the two other girls were piling on him.
"Hey! Damn it, you! Cut the damn crap out!"

As you made it in time to see what was going on, you were about to say something until Tanjiro game I to play.

"What're you doing to the girls! Get your hands off of them!"
"It's a kidnapping!"
"You dumb little brat!"

Tanjiro swoops in and was about to head bang the sound pillar. But he disappears and landed on top of the roof.

"You fool. I'm the 'former shinobi' Uzui Tengen. The man who is known to be the most flamboyant around these parts. Did you think I'd get head-butted by a snot nose brat like you?" Uzui says.

"Give Aoi and the others back!" Tanjiro says.
"Yeah!"
"Pervert! Pervert!"

It was an argument after another. Back and forth the sound pillar was getting pissed off.

"I need a girl member on the mission, so I'm bringing them along! I don't need Koucho's permission!" Uzui says.

"Naho isn't a member! She isn't wearing a uniform!" Kiyo said.
"Don't need her then" he throws Naho without a care.

Luckily, Tanjiro catches her safely.
"What are you doing, you inhuman bastard!"
"Waah! He dropped me!"

"Anyways, I'm taking her on my mission. She may not be useful, but she's still a member of the hunters regardless" he said.

Aoi was scared.
"Let go of Aoi!"
"Tepid. So tepid. You're a giant mess and plain out tired. The demon hunters are getting weaker and weaker"

"We'll go in Aoi's place!"
Soon Inosuke and Zenistu jumped in.
"I was just on my way back, but I got some strength left, I can head out!" Inosuke says.

"L-Let go of Aoi, even if your some kind of muscle monster, y-you're not t-taking a single step"

Once Uzui was giving them all a death glare, you thought it was now time to step in.

"Didn't your mother teach you how to treat a lady?"
Uzui turns his head and looks at you.
"(Y/n), your legs are healed"
"Yeah. So if you need a girl on your mission, I'll be happy to go. It's been too long anyways" you said.

Uzui gave it some thought and made his decision.
"Okay. I'll have you come along with me" he says.

"Tanjiro, I'll be back okay?"
"What are you talking about? We're coming too!" Tanjiro says signaling Inosuke and Zenistu.

You gave him a completely confused looked at him.
"...no you're not? Hey did you even listen, he needs a girl..."

"Doesn't matter, if they want to come let'em. The more the merrier. But don't you dare defy me, you punks!"
Uzui says, slapping Aoi's butt and letting her go.

You shake you head and sigh.

You didn't much care for Uzui. In fact he takes you as a friend because you didn't care for whatever activity he wanted to with anyone.

He would come to you always for an arm wrestling match. You would win some and he would win some. So your relationship with him isn't all too bad.

You just don't like how he gets too 'flamboyant' and starts thinking he's the boss.

You all walked out of the estate. You were walking a-side by Uzui, while the three musketeers were behind.

"So? Where are we going you geezer?" Inosuke says.
"To the most flamboyant place in all of Japan, filled with lust and greed"

You looked at him and realized what he was talking about.
"You mean?"
"Yeah...the 'the red light district' where the demons live"