Routine pt 1

I woke up the next morning thinking I would feel liberated but honestly I felt weak. Last night was the first night I had ever stood up to anyone and yet I still felt defeated. Instead of going to work I told aunt Jackie I was sick I needed a break from the world.
When I looked at my phone I saw three missed calls from my dad, two from my mom and a text from Shaquille. I was too nervous to read the message from Shaquille so I deleted it, purposely ignoring the content of the message in the preview. I retreated to the couch and tuned into forensic files.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I contemplated ignoring it but I decided against it looking thru the peephole. "What's up." I said not opening the door.
"Come on bruh open the door. I don't know what I did last night but I apologize bruh." Cheyenne's voice nerdy but still too much ego to truly be accepted.
I sighed. "You didn't do anything I just rather be by myself right now." I refused to open the door. I could bare to relive anything that transpired last night regardless of how trivial the event was.
"What if I come back later can we chill." I assumed he really needed a place to stay but I really didn't want company.
"I'll let you know." I said heading to couch. I could hear him sigh before walking off. I decided to fix myself a cup of coffee when I heard the door again. I retreated to couch with my cup of coffee and decided to scroll thru Jack'd. The constant dick pics and lack of conversation made me sleepy and just as my eyes began to get heavy there was a knock at the door.
I let out a loud sigh. "Cheyenne I told you I don't want to be bothered." I said swing open the door only to be met by an Shaquille and his angry glare. He didn't say anything just stared at me as if he was ready to rip my head off.
My eyes were like saucers as I stared at him in full terror. Fearing the most I decided to speak up. "Look Shaquille I apologize about last night. I was scared, angry and I don't know. I overreacted I should have just stayed in the car but I-I... I just didn't know what to do." I rambled.
Shaquille stood there with the same expression until his face turned to a smile. "Nigga calm down I was just coming thru to check on you." He entered the condo and sat down without invitation and made himself comfortable. "I was shocked. I was like I know this lil nigga ain't just slap me. I wanted to beat your ass but I was caught off guard you got more fire in you than I thought." He continued.
I was still standing at the door. "You gonna close the door nigga. I know you cold walking round in them right ass boxers. I blushed not even realizing I had yet to get put on any clothes. I closed the door running to my room to throw on a T-shirt and some sweats. When I returned Shaquille had already lit a blunt and smoking in my living room.
"Whoa whoa I don't smoke in here." I said taking his blunt and putting it out.
Shaquille laughed. "Nigga you don't smoke." Then his face went serious. "Oh and by the way I let that slapping shit slide because I felt bad for putting you in that situation but don't let that shit happen again."
Mentally I rolled my eyes but I wouldn't let him see that. "So why are you really here?"
"I just told you I was just coming to check on you." He said grabbing the remote and flipping thru the channels. "I don't want last night to change what you and my sister got going on with tutoring." He turned his attention to me as I took a seat on my other couch. "And plus you always catching my bad side I was just wanted you to see my good side."
      I smiled. "I never thought you were a bad person though."
       "You never thought I was a good person either." He made eye contact. "Ride with me."
"I prefer to stay home." I said not really knowing if I could trust riding with him again after last night.
Shaquille got up and headed for the door. "I'll be waiting outside." He turned to walk away. "Be ready in 10 minutes"
I exhaled and retreated to my room to throw on a jumpsuit and sneakers.
....
SHORT CHAPTER PART 1 Part 2 coming up