Chapter Sixteen🕷X-Venger

En başından başla

"Your AI. I'm an emergency contact since I'm the one who made it, and I got a notification that you're vitals were at extremely dangerous levels. And before you worry too much, I used as much pull as I could to track down Peter. Facial recognition put him on a train, then in the Netherlands. He's alive. Doesn't look good, but alive."

My heart leapt up to my throat. I hadn't even considered the fact that Beck would have tried to kill Peter as well, but he did, and Peter survived, "Oh... how long have I been here?"

"Overnight. You had a comminuted ankle, tibia, and wrist. A severe concussion, cracked skull, and trauma to your spine. Thanks to my tech and vibranium implants it should heal relatively quickly and feel okay since the bones have been substituted, but I wouldn't recommend pushing it. You were dying, (Y/n)."

"I thought I'd drown."

"You were submerged for five minutes. The modifications Thanos gave you saved your life-"

I chuckled humorlessly, "That's not what I need to hear right now."

"And what is? You look awful (Y/n), not just because of the injuries. Your brain scan wasn't great either, showed signs of PTSD and depression." That wasn't a surprise.

"I don't know Shuri, maybe it's because I've been useless?" I snapped, finally having reached my breaking point, "I knew something was off but didn't do anything because I've been off. And I've been wallowing in guilt over killing Tony even though I logically know it wasn't my fault! In the end, all of this shit is just one big identity crisis because I want to be normal, but I'm a daughter of Thanos and he literally changed me forever. And everyone says I'm an Avenger but I can't let go of the X-Men, but neither of them are me!"

Breathing heavily, I lifted a shaky hand to wipe away my tears. That was it. Everything I'd been too scared to say in therapy screamed out in two minutes. I'd been beaten, bruised, and shot, and therapy had put a bandaid over it because I refused to be truly honest.

All because admitting everything would make it too real. It was stupid, and cliche, but I was terrified and traumatized and only saying the bare minumum for therapy as if it'd fix everything.

"Right..." Shuri blinked slowly, "Give me a minute." Shuri left in a hurry.

An irrational part of me said I scared her off, but Shuri bounded back into the room quickly enough to dissuade those thoughts. She handed me a holo-pad, already cued up with a call.

"I thought about calling Xavier or Nebula, but in the end, no one can cut the bullshit and tell you the truth better than them."

Shuri tapped the pad to pull up the picture and I gasped.

"Mom, Dad."

My parents smiled, and for the first time I could see the strain on them. The age beyond their years the hero world had caused them. That I had caused them. But they were still smiling as if it didn't matter. They'd supported me through everything, accepted my mutation, and were always the brights points of my life. Yet my world had shifted from revolving around my family to revolving around the hero world, and that was my mistake.

"Hey honey," Mom greeted.

"Before we say anything, we want you to know how proud we are. We always have been, and always will be."

"Thanks," I whispered, sniffling. It was an emotional day.

"(Y/n), if you want to come home, enjoy the rest of your summer, and retire while allowing Mysterio to rise and be recognized as a hero, then we'll help you look at colleges," my mom soothed, "And if you want to fight, and go against what feels like the world, then we're going to be cheering you on and celebrate when you get home."