I ran outside and back to Ruby's house. I walked inside to see them about to leave. We all went in Abuelita's car and drove to Brentwood.

Jamal and Abuelita were joking about something as we all got out the car. "Buena suerte!

 "We don't need luck. It's Brentwood! Nothing bad happens here." Ruby tried to explain.

"What about OJ? No offense Jamal." 

"Oh I'm good. We don't claim him." Jamal held my hand. "We should be ready around 10:00." Ruby informed. "Nerd." I mumbled making Jamal chuckle.

"Good for you, but I have plans." Abuelita drove off. We all got together.

"We aren't in Freeridge anymore folks! Shit looks fun!" I cheered. "We've got lots of ground to cover so let's split up." 

"Great Idea! Olivia and I will go this way. Meet back here around 10."  

"Later." Jamal and I threw up peace signs. Monse and Cesar looked at each other weirdly. 

"Jamal." Both Monse and Cesar called. Me and Jamal turned to them. "On second thought I'll just go with Olivia and Ruby."

"On third thought you should go with Jamal Y/n and Monse." Ruby declared. "On fourth thought were good." Monse fake smiled. She pulled both me and Jamal away from them.

We kept walking passing all the big houses with great decorations. "This is really getting old. We're skipping all the big houses with crazy decorations and you wanna hit up... Tootsie rolls." Monse complained as we got to a house.

I rung the doorbell and Jamal smiled at me. "What are you doing? It's a self service bucket." Monse complained. Nobody answered. Jamal rung the doorbell again.

The door finally opened.

Holy shit it was her. Ms. Rose Westbrook herself. "Trick or treat!" Jamal smiled. "Baby, buckets equal self service. Happy Halloween!" 

"Oh my god! Did you dance on Soultrain? " I asked. "What do you know about Soultrain?" She asked. " It was only the dopest show ever. " Jamal complimented. 

"My mama's mama loved it and that dance line was the bomb. " 

She chuckled at us. "I invented the dance line." She spoke confidently. " WOW! so cool. We should get going." Monse said, sarcastically. I turned to her.

"A legend like you. I bet you have a lot of stories." 

"Well." 

"Damn! Is that a gold record! " Jamal exclaimed. "Mm-hm" Mrs. Westbrook nodded. 

"Would it be to much if we asked for a selfie in front of it? Ya know..for my mamas mama." Jamal asked. She looked at me.

"Well, we can't leave ya mama's mama hanging." I squeezed his hand lightly and grinned. "Come on." 

 Me and Jamal walked in and Monse hesitated to come in but soon walked in. We walked into a room with most of her awards.

"Whatcha' looking at is the first dancer to have a number one hit. " She beamed as we looked at a record. "That's so cool, Rose!" 

"Actually it's pronounced Ro- Say" she explains explained. "After the wine?" 

"No, after this other bitch named Rose started dancing on train." She said. Her phone started dinging. "Oh, I'm blowing up. Hold on." 

Me and Jamal started taking pictures of the room slightly but she turned to us, making us stop quickly. "What was Don Cornelius like?" I asked. 

"Child, rest his soul. The man was handsy. Couldn't keep his finger off this Jelly." Rose narrated, making me snicker a little..