The Dock

I walked to the edge of the dock, and sat down, snuggling into Mason's jacket. It was about 6 in the morning, the sky still a bit dark, the fog covered the lake, and there was a light breeze. I snuggled deeper into the jacket, and it smelt like vanilla, and a hint of Hollister. I heard one of the boards in the dock creak, and I looked behind me to see Mason holding two steaming cups.

"Here you go" he said smiling, and handing me a cup.

"Thanks" I said, taking a sip. "Mm, is this apple cider?"

"Yeah, I remember you talking about how much you like it when we all stayed at that hotel in Gatlinburg when Evan & I had that tournament." He smiled.

"You remember that?" I started blushing.

"Yeah" he chuckled. "And when we went to The Peddler, you had to wear one of my t shirts so you wouldn't get food on your new shirt"

"I still have that shirt"

"Yeah, I know" he smiled. "I saw you wearing it the other day, and it looks pretty good on you"

"Aww"

A cool breeze came through, and Mason wrapped his free arm around me and pulled me into a hug. We both took a sip of our cider and I began.

"So about last night, did you really mean what you said, or was it the beer talking?"

" What? When I said that the guy you like likes you a lot?"

"Yeah."

" Yeah I meant it. I guess last night I just finally got the courage to tell you. "

"How long have you known that I like you?"

"Well, a couple months ago, I told Evan that I liked you, and he said I should go for it because you liked me too."

"So he's fine with us liking each other?"

"Yeah, and I'm glad."

"Me too" I smiled.

He pulled away from me, and then turned so he was facing me. He set his drink down, and took mine from my hands, placing it on the dock. He grabbed my hands in his and looked me in they eyes.

"Well, since we both like each other," he started.

"Yes?"

"Jennifer, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Absolutely, yes!"

He pushed a hair out of my face, and looked me in the eyes, leaning towards me. I leaned towards him too, and closed my eyes. I felt him lift my chin up a bit, and our lips met. We moved in sync and as cheesy as it may sound, it did feel like fireworks were going off. It was amazing! His tongue swept across my bottom lip, asking for entrance, and I gladly welcomed him in. He tasted just as good as the apple cider. Maybe even a little better. I put my hands on his cheeks, and he put his around me waist, and we each pulled each other closer. I was now sitting in his lap, and his hands were rubbing the bottom half of my back. A small moan escaped his lips and as we pulled back, we were both blushing as a giggle came out of me.

"I think you liked that" I said smiling.

"Just a little bit" he said with a wink.

"So, when should we tell everyone?" I asked.

"The sooner the better, want to go inside and see if they're up yet?"

"Yeah"

We both stood up, grabbed our empty cups, and held hands. We got to the door, and when we walked in we saw that everyone was waking up. We set our cups on the table and Mason said he had an announcement. Everyone looked to our hands and just smirked.

"Jennifer and I are now together." He said pulling me in close.

"Finally!" Everyone said, practically in unison.