Your new best friend...with benefits 😉

You and Steven sit on the couch back at the house, reflecting on the traumatizing events that had occurred that caused the loss of the gems.

"Steven I'm so s-sorry."

You begin to worry if it's your fault. If it was you that distracted the gems. If they would of won if you weren't there.

"....It's fine (Y/N)...It's not your fault."

You both sit there figuring what to do next. Suddenly Greg comes bursting In.

"STEVEN!!!!"

"I'm okay dad."

The two embrace each other and that's when he notices the gems scattered on the table.

"Oh my. Well I'm sure they'll come back they always do."

Was Greg's chosen words of comfort.

"Yeah your right. So well for my happily ever after."

Steven said in a depressing tone.

The room suddenly began to fill up with light as one of the gems started to reform. It was Pearl.

"Well that's good. Pearl always knows what to do!"

You say. If there was anyone that knew who that gem was it would be her, but in a twist of events it wasn't her that reformed but instead a shell.

"Identify yourself"

It stated.

In a panic Greg responded with-

"Umm Greg universe?"

"Greetings Umm Greg universe. Please state your customization option."

"What am I supposed to say??"

You and Steven shared a look of disbelief.

"Default setting selected please stand by."

You begin to see the outline of Pearls form and you sigh of relief, however her appearance was altered to an older version of herself.

🎵 How do you do? My Um Greg Universe thank you for bringing me into the world! I am at your eternal service welcome to your new Pearl :D 🎵

"WHAT??!?!??"

You, Steven and Greg gasped at once. Something is really wrong. You get a weird feeling in your gut. You know this isn't gonna turn out good.

"Is her gem cracked?"

"I don't think so.."

You see the outline of Ruby form and with that Pearl begins to sing more.

🎵 A Ruby guard but just a single one. They usually come in pairs of three or more! 🎵

Sapphire then reforms and immediately Ruby swears to protect her, with her saying he wouldn't last more than a day.

Okay...so that's weird....looks like all three lost their memories. You look over at Steven to see his worried expression had still not resigned. Next Amethyst begins to reform and for some reason Steven still had hope she'd remember.

"Hey Amethyst!"

"Hey Amethyst?"

She repeated.