Chapter 21

His piercing blue eyes glowed with an intensity that thrilled. I felt myself spasm where we were still connected. He responded by shifting and slowly moving.  I let my hands strain downwards unable to help myself from exploring and enjoying the contours the made him the Gabriel of the house of Gabriel. I could see it now. What all the fuss had been about. Why Fin had shied away in fear..This man was fear itself. Fearsome in his magnificence. He was the god amongst angels and he knew it.

It was there in the arrogant line of his straight nose and in equally arrogant thrust of his hips. He withdrew then wringing out a whimper of protest that rumbled out desperately from me. No! It couldn't be over yet.

But then his eyes lit up in a satisfying glint and he thrust back in whole. Shaking me to the core. The moan of satisfaction errupted from deep within. I closed my eyes unable to look at him any longer for he had begun to glow. It was that glow earlier that wrought me out of my haze of pleasure. That pleasure that could only be brought about by pistoning hips. Thrusting into mine with ultimate possession.

I moaned again. This time in pleasure as well as pain. Pleasure from his unrelenting thrusts and pain from his unbearable glow.

I bit my tongue and held on. I could withstand this pain. I would. I would give him his last bout of pleasure with me. For this would be the last. Before we parted to go our separate ways for all eternity. I felt the leap of power within me reaching out instinctively to protect me from harm. From being charred alive from his glow. But I held it back. I held it in. I no longer felt pleasure now. Only pain but still I revelled...in knowing he experienced his pleasure in utter abandonment.

The glow errupted into a cresendo and I knew he had peaked. I let my powers loose then to heal me healthy. So that when his sweat limped form crashed onto mine. I was able to hold him close. To embrace him silken skin to silken skin.

I sighed in relief feeling him breath heavily in instant slumber. Mother had been right.

Power had its perks.

I gazed down at the sleeping form of my angel and used power to shift him up and over. I gazed at his wonderous features. Marvelling at the softness of his dark hair, the perfect straightness of his nose, the well shaped brow and finally settling on the perfectly sensual shape of his lips.

I pressed my lips to his then. Tasting its softness. Flicking over its texture. He was a meal worthy of undivided attention and uninterrupted indulgence.

But I couldn't remain here. I couldn't remain with him anylonger. He must return to his kind and I to mine.

I brushed my lips against his forehead and rose to my feet. My eyes lingering and adoring every part of him. I took a step back and sighed. Blinking away the hero worship.

It was time I got back to the realities of life. I hesitated a moment longer. The freedom I had so strenuously been seeking for the past three thousand years no longer meant anything. Not without him. I blew him a last kiss before letting the mists of tide and time that I could now control, wrap over me and take me away.

Away from temptation.