Chapter 11

"Michael?"

The buxom blond was the first to scramble back onto her feet and make her way over the heap of fallen angel... no pun intended. She peered in closer. She was brave I'll have to give her that much. I turned back to face the rest. They were magnificent even if a little rumpled from their fall. How many of them were there?

"Michaelangelo? Is that you?"

I didn't respond. Really! Didn't Fin tell them anything?

Not a few seconds later and I got stared at, prodded and even ruffled. My hood got pushed off and holy water thrown on my face. It smelled pretty so I didn't totally mind but these angels and note I use the term extremely loosely were beginning to annoy me.

I turned to look for Fin in the crowd of angels around me. What did he do these past weeks? Rob god of his security? It seemed as if an entire battalion was being housed in the mansion. I glanced about frantically uncomfortable amongst so many of the enemy.

I took a step back and was surprised that Michael let me. He knew I wanted to escape but I hadn't expected him to allow me much less than aid me. But aid he did for a blink of a non-existent eye lash later and I was more than several feet away. I looked around for Fin but he was no where to be found. Has he left me again? Did he not want to help me anymore?

Did he no longer care?

"Stop!" Commanded an angel I had never met before. He looked like one of the powerful. Ageless as they all were the only way to tell their ranks was from the power they radiated and this dude radiated plenty just as he brimmed with rage making his way towards me. I backtracked swiftly and what's more Michael assisted.

With a wave of his hand the superior angel had his team surrounding me. I was encaged by winged feathered beings with power beyond my imagination. It frightened me. Their anger that I felt directed at me terrified me all the more. I trembled within the confines of the cloak. This time the cloak offered no comfort either. I was his victim as much as I was theirs. I housed their ancestor. I housed Michaelangelo the first of the house of Gabriel.

Fin..

I trembled and shook knowing I was trapped for in me they had their key to avenge Michael. In me they had their means to hurt mother.

I felt my barren eye sockets well my despair. It flowed out in streams of maggots, slugs and slime. I knew Michael was trying to offer his method of comfort but I couldn't take it. I couldn't stand it. Where was Fin? Has he deserted me? I all but wailed at Michael and suddenly the ground beneath my feet shifted and space around me moved a moment later I was starting down at the Manhatten skyline from what must be the tallest tower there.

Only I was not hanging outside as I would have imagined but indoors instead. I reached out tentative skeletal fingers to brush across the tinted windows. The vision flickered and instead of the swarming concrete jungle what I saw was a reflection of...me.