The Spread

I had been working In construction for a couple years it's how i provided for my family and myself of course the only big downside there was, was that i'd come home with bruises,new scars, or headaches and along with that my whole body was always sore and stiff.
My family consist of my wife robin and my little girl Harley now Harley was only 4 years old as robin and i tried for a kid on our 1 year anniversary of marriage, we've now been together for 5 years  and we were lucky to have Harley when we did Harley took after her mom same dark short brown hair same kinda facial structure and definitely same kind of sass and attitude.
We were always a steady family money wise and relationship wise i always had projects to work on around town and my neighborhood so i was never free and when i was free i wouldn't get much time with my family as i'd be tired and come home and try to get as much sleep as i can for the next day.
robin had the idea for me to try a chiropractor to help with the stiffness in my back and just everywhere in my body so i did my normal morning routine got up, showered, ate, and left for work but something was different today like something seemed off in my neighborhood, there was often a lot of neighborhood interaction as we all got a long but today it was quiet no one out side no dogs barking only the wind whistling.
I went on with my day and thought nothing of it besides that it was a bit weird but i got to work and banged up my back quite a bit as i had fallen off one of the stair cases that was in progress so that chiropractor was gonna be a life saver afterwards.
Now I was on my way downtown to my wife's favorite personal chiropractor her name was Susan she had been a family friend for awhile so we kinda all knew each other decently well, I got out of the car and immediately saw her as it was her break well the end of it that is and so i hugged her and we headed inside to her office where there was a table for me to obviously lay on i had to strip down to my boxers and lay down with the sheet over the lower part of my back.
So as i laid down and got relaxed it felt nice to finally let go for once and just not be so tense and then the best thing about Susan was that not only was she a chiropractor but she also was a masseuse, Susan came in with the things she needed oils and all she started off normal i think, she started with rubbing my back talking about my day and how tense i was from work and all, but then i got that eerie feeling again like something wasn't right the air didn't smell like lavender anymore it smelt like a corpse.
It was my first time here so maybe it was normal that's when Susan just stopped talking her hands just stuck in place on the back of my ankle, and suddenly her grip tightened till the point to where it felt like my bone had cracked and broke and at that point i was screaming in pain for her to let go but looking behind me i noticed it wasn't Susan anymore it was something else idk how to describe like a zombie but she was aware of what she was doing as if she was infected by something.
I kicked her arm and heard something snap as she winced in pain i got up and stood in shock of what i seen the bone was sticking out of her arm blood dripping down her forearm and she didn't care as she still insisted on attacking me.
She lunged for me i dodged right grabbed the table and pushed it on her and trapped her momentarily long enough for me to grab my pants which had my keys wallet and phone as i ran out of the room into the lobby, everyone glancing at me in shock as i ran out like a bat out of hell looking like a crazy person because i was still in my underwear,i just wanted to get out of there and get home so i hopped in my car put the keys in and left in a hurry, i knew i had to get to my family and not only that but i worried more because  i had the same feeling in the morning in my own neighborhood and my family was alone at home no protection so i knew i had to check on them.