Whispering Voices... But Which One Do I Follow?!

I laid there on the bed staring at the ceiling and huffing. My hands were, I tried moving them, -tied?- I looked up to see that they were actually tied. I looked down at my feet and noticed that they were tied too. Why was I tied to a bed in an empty room? I sat up as far as my arms would let me and let out a wince when I moved a bit too far. A door to my right opened and closed too quick for me to see who’d entered until their face appeared directly before mine. The face looked familiar but it was too close to tell but instead of trying to focus I couldn’t help it... I screamed.

My eyes shot open to see eyes staring back at me and I screamed again and slapped the face in front of me, noticing quickly that my hands were no longer tied. Dimka bolted upright and started laughing as I registered just who I’d slapped to the floor. “James?” I stood up and went to help him sit up as he began nursing his jaw.

“Some swing you have there Rose.” He muttered and smiled, but as soon as the smile came it disappeared as he looked over my shoulder and started snarling behind me but could only see Dimka stood there. Before I realised what was happening James had already tackled Dimka to the ground and was pinning him there by the throat. “What are you doing with MY wife?” He snarled in Dimka’s face and I stood there not believing my eyes, it was so surreal that I... laughed.

James’s death expression turned to me in slight confusion as I continued to laugh which only made the situation funnier. “What?” He snarled but didn’t remove his hand from Dimka’s throat.

“Alter the tone.” I warned, not about to be talked to like that.

He took a deep breath before asking again. “What is so funny about this situation?”

I motioned to him holding Dimka down. “The fact that you think he and I were together while I’ve been here.”

“You were sprawled out over him and he was half naked!” The indignation in his tone was almost as amusing as the look of thunder on his face. He clearly didn’t know how in love with him I was.

“Couldn’t have been worse-” James raised his brows in silent questioning. “-could have been the other half that was naked.” I laughed and James’s look of death was back, but I think I got a slight chuckle from Dimka.

“You think this situation is funny? I find you here after you’d just DUMPED me for MY OWN GOOD with my best friend while he is half naked!” Clearly it was time to be serious.

“He isn’t half naked. He has a shirt on but that shirt unfortunately got ripped when we-” James punched Dimka in the face hard enough to draw blood. “We did nothing James so get off him!” I screamed when he still didn’t let Dimka go. I knelt by Dimka’s side and pushed James off with all the force that I had in my body, which was a fair bit and eventually he let go. “Are you ok?” I asked Dimka, my concern showing through as I brushed the hair out of his eyes, earning a growl from James behind me. “Shut up!” I hissed at him and continued making sure Dimka was ok.

After a few minutes Dimka stood up and his eyes widened in just enough time to allow me to intercept James’s attack by clothes-lining him to the ground and pinning him there. I turned to Dimka first. “I’d recommend some ice for that.” He nodded in understanding and left the room so that we could have a private word. “What are you doing?” I demanded as soon as the door swung shut behind him. “Have you actually lost your mind?”

“Have you?! He’s my best friend and you had to choose him as your third husband? Were you that eager that you had to rip his shirt-”

“I ripped his shirt by accident and thought about you the whole time I was here! He was showing me what type of shape shifter he is and he shifted into you, trying to trick me. I knew it wasn’t you so I played a trick on him but the only person who got fooled was me when I saw his abs that were yours and I wanted you so badly.” He started squirming beneath me clearly getting the wrong impression about where that led to. “And then I remembered how I’d never be with you again for your own good and the game was over so we watched a film where we must have fallen asleep and I’ve sprawled over him. Dimka is already one of my best friends and I’ve only known him a few hours. I don’t like him in that way and now I’ll be lucky if he likes me at all.”