The Devastating Outcome...

“You do know the whole rescue squad is here for you don’t you?” James mentioned off-handedly as he started lacing up his shoes, stopping me mid dressing to blush fiercely about what we had just done, where we had done it and now people were waiting for me! My husband was waiting for me and my soulmate! Oh my God this was my soulmate’s bedroom and I’d just made love to my (vampire) soulmate in his bed! I really was the lowest of the low.

I pushed my top over my head abruptly and James frowned over at me until the confusion on his face turned to understanding and then sympathy. He crossed over the room to pull me into his arms and I nestled my head into the crook of his neck, hiding my face there. “You’re not a bad person my love. You’re still just a confused teenager who became pregnant too early and has to deal with changing and choosing who you want to spend the rest of you eternally long life with. It’s a big decision that isn’t made easy with your condition because you have two people to look after now, well three with Riley,” I chuckled and he moved his shoulder back enough to gently grasp my chin to face him, “and I know that you would have stayed with whoever the father of your baby was no matter what. No one blames you though for trying to decide for yourself who you want to be with. Any one of us would be happy to be that baby’s father but there’s only one of us who will make you happy and that is who you have to choose.” He was asking me to choose between three amazing men and whoever I chose I would spend the rest of my life with them, if not for the baby then just because I would not put the other two through the heartache of being this indecisive again, but this was a huge decision to make! “I’ll be proud of you whoever you choose and I will always be there to support you and the baby,if not as the father then as the uncle and friend. So don’t base your decision on being afraid to lose me because you never will.”

The sincerity in his words made tears well up in my eyes to the point where I was trying to blink them back. Alexander and Darren were handsome, charming and pretty much amazing in every way but neither of them would be that selfless and I don’t think I could live without James in my life... as a permanent part of my life because the other two men were amazing but they just weren’t- James. That was what I was missing from my life. James. I loved him. Completely and wholly loved him with all of my heart. I burst out laughing startling James but I didn’t care because this realisation made me feel like a Goddess. I wrapped my arms around him and murmured softly, “I choose you James, in sickness and in health till death do us part. I love you.”

He cleared his throat and held me at arms length so he could inspect my face closer but he probably could see much through the broad smile taking over the whole thing. “Could you repeat it so that I know I heard you right?” He sounded choked up and it only just occurred to me that through all his bravado, James was just as scared of losing me to another man as I was to losing him as my husband and more importantly as my friend. “I love you James and I choose you for now and forever.”  His lips came crashing down onto mine in the next instant and at that point in time I didn’t have a care in the world because we were just two people in love who were having a baby together and who were about to spend the rest of their lives together.

“You have made me the happiest man in the world Rosabella Jamerson.” He beamed at me but I frowned at him because that no longer sounded right, but I knew how to make it right.

“I believe you should start addressing me like everyone else will have to-” He held his breath, “Mrs Rosabella Peterson.”

“Not double-barreling your name then?” He laughed.

“That would sound ridiculous! Rosabella Jamerson-Peterson? It’s one or the other so if you want me to keep my old name-”

“Double-barreling was a stupid idea Mrs Peterson.”