"i really like blond on you," jamie voices absentmindedly, "what if i made it wavy? that would look good. i'm really good at hair styling, you should let me try once, bet you'll like it."

mark's face paled, "been there, done that, never again."

jamie frowned, "but, you'd look so cute! just some waves, nothing crazy."

"i got a perm once, never again," mark grumbled, "donghyuck still makes fun of it to this day."

"yeah, a perm," jamie argued, "but, like, waves, you know?"

"lee know," mark mumbled making jamie laughed.

"exactly," she chirped.

"you seem to dye your hair a lot, almost like my brother," mark commented.

"you have a brother?" jamie asked in shock, "who? does he live near here? and yes, i love to dye my hair."

"lee taeyong," mark said, putting his hands in his pockets, looking out at the street, snow littering the ground and smoke leaving their lips.

"oh my god," jamie gasped, "him and johnny are like, best friends!"

mark nodded, "apparently! the world is so small, you know? it's amazing."

"you already knew this, didn't you?" jamie said softly.

mark nodded once again, "i knew when i first met you. i started working at the convenience store because i had told my brother i was like looking for a job and he said johnny's store was looking for employees. taeyong talked about you like a lot when we lived together years ago."

"why don't you live together anymore?" jamie asked.

"taeyong and his girlfriend live together now," mark answered, shrugging, "i didn't want to like intrude on them so i moved into the dorms."

jamie nodded in understanding, "at one point jaehyun almost moved into lizzy and jisung's apartment, it's sad."

mark let out a hum, "taeyong and i aren't like, very close. i lived in canada with my mom before on a trip she met taeyong's dad and they got married. hahaha, it's funny thinking about it now. we hated each other at first, then got close, and now aren't again."

"it's funny how life works," jamie mused, "is this it?"

mark nodded and opened the door.

immediately, puppies ran up to the fence gate, jamie cooing and going to pet them.

while she did, mark sneakily paid for the two of them.

"why did you pay?" jamie whined as the two entered and went to place their orders, "i would've paid for me."

"we're on a date," mark grinned shyly, "isn't that what i should do?"

"smooth," jamie muttered, leaning down to pet the dog that was jumping on her legs.

mark insisted on paying for her drink as well, so the two drank their drinks as they sat at a table, dogs all around them.