[-] Voices [-]

[-] Deku [-]

I unpacked my last piece of clothing and placed it into my drawer in my apartment.

My apartment building was in the city so the cars on the road whizzed past. Thankfully, though, I was on the tenth floor, so I didn't hear the cars.

I walked out of my room and towards the living room where there was a black leather couch, a flatscreen tv, a glass coffee table, and a chandelier.

My apartment was very modern. I was surprised that I could even afford it.

Speaking of affording things...

I needed to get a new job that was close to me. The job that I had before paid very well but it was too far away now.

I sat down on the couch and grabbed the laptop that I had placed on the glass coffee table and opened the screen.

I was met with a log in screen and I logged in typing in my password.

I opened up Google (not sponsored). There was local news that popped up.

One of them said "Hero Mt. Lady and villain Twice found as soulmates after a battle?".

Being a hero was one of my dreams when I was younger but I gave it up after I didn't get into UA. My dreams were pretty much crushed after that.

I just decided to continue my studies in hopes of getting a good job.

Jobs, right.

I clicked on the search bar.

I started typing in "nearby jobs".

I pressed enter and I was met by many websites and website links.

There were many restaurants and chains, but those jobs usually only pay minimum wage. I scrolled down for a bit until there was a job that caught my eye.

"Hero Facility job offers available apply..."

I clicked on the link. I started reading the requirements. The one thing that wasn't on there was a quirk. That meant I didn't need a quirk to work there.

I clicked on another link to get the application form. There were many boxes asking for different things. I clicked on the "name" box and typed in Izuku Midoryia.

Next box "birthday".

Easy! I typed in my birthday.

I continued to type in all my information and everything that was asked until I got to the last question.

"Soulmate" I starred at the word. I hadn't found my soulmate yet. What was I supposed to type?

I clicked into the box and wrote N/A.

I pressed submit and closed my computer. I placed it down beside me and stood up.

Don't go crying again. Don't cry. Don't-

It was no use. Tears started to pour out from my eyes. I wanted so badly to have a soulmate. I really wanted someone to talk to. No one ever wanted to be my friend or talk to me during my school years.

I wiped my tears and walked to the kitchen counter and grabbed my phone. I shoved it into my back jean pocket. I grabbed my keys and put them into my front pocket and walked out the door.

I went into the hallway and walked left towards the elevator. I needed to get my mind off things. I pressed the bottom floor button once I arrived in the elevator.

The two sliding doors closed as I leaned onto the back wall of the elevator rubbing my eyes.

I heard the beeps as I passed each floor. Once I reached the bottom floor I put my hood up and walked out onto the street.