CHAPTER TWO

HELENA

San Fallon, population 15 000. It's a town near Indiana and not one where everyone knows everyone, secrets stay hidden.

Was it the most perfect place in the world? Heck no

But Father thought so. He thought it was the best place to raise his daughters with Mom's help.

I couldn't wait till I was eighteen.

'You going to Mel's party?" I was on the phone with Tracy, my BFF. I had a big clique. And everyone wants to know what I was going to do every minute of the day.

It gets tiring being the head cheerleader of Fallon High, and the prettiest girl. Obviously, I was dating the quarterback, Sam Debris, which made the deal sweeter. 

He was my first and hopefully when he gets that scholarship to Yale, I might follow. I'll study something just to get out of this stinking town.

"I don't know. It seems kind of lame having it a week after Wadelyn's memorial."

Mel and I used to be BFF's, but then I found out that my junior year crush, Ted Manson, had a thing for Mel, and that she actually went on a date with him.

It hurt, a lot. No Bff should do that, so I replaced her in High school with Tracy Montgomery, and we had a following ever since.

"So, skip this one?" Tracey asked.

"Yip." I said as I was busy painting my toenails.

Then I met Sam, with his bushy brown hair and baby blue eyes. His abs and ass did it for all the girls, but he only had eyes for me. He was Fallon High's star. The best in the past three years. His father owns a Ranch just outside of San Fallon. He has his own Pick up truck and was every girl in my school's dream guy.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"Don't know. I'll need to find out from Sam. He's been bugging me for some quality time, if you know what I mean."

"Lena?!" Tracy said and giggled. She was still a virgin and blushes every time someone mentions the word dick. But she makes the boys crazy with her strawberry blond hair and luscious lips that one could suck on for days.

"We still need to speak about this year's squad, find a replacement for Wadelyn. Anne seriously picked up some ass, and Tammy, I don't know."

Tracy kept quiet.

"I heard Tammy is not doing so well after Wadelyn's death."

I rolled my eyes. "Wadelyn wasn't as innocent as she wanted everyone to believe, Tracy. No one would get that much attention on social media if she was innocent."

"I know."

"The thing with Brady alone put you through hell."

"He is sorry about that, Lena."

"I know he is, I'm just saying. None of us thought she would actually kill herself."

My mom called me from the kitchen.

"Hey, got to go." I send Tracy kisses.

"Talk to you later," Tracy said and the call dropped.

This Wadelyn fiasco seem to never stop. She was buried for almost a week now and people still have questions. People still blame each other. It was a time to stick together. Be strong for one another, not the time to point any fingers.

Our house was modern, and stunning as mom had a degree in interior decorating, plus owning Designs for the Nest has landed her a show two years ago on television and after that, business was still rolling in.