WE'RE A TEAM

POV DYLAN
Today is a bad day.  I feel a weight in my chest that almost prevents me from breathing and a lump in my throat that I can't get down.
The health condition of one of the children admitted to paediatrics deteriorated and they transferred him to another clinic.
Yesterday, when we said goodbye, he didn't seem too bad.  But today ...
Tsk, I need to stop thinking for at least a few minutes.
My head immediately flies to her.
However, if I went to Yue in this state, I would risk throwing her down ... And this is not part of my mission.
I enter the locker room and take off my uniform.  Once I change clothes, I leave the hospital and head for the car.
I put it in motion, but my feet remain motionless on the mat, determined not to touch the pedals.
I need to see her.  Her laughter could make me feel better ...
And so I find myself at the door of her room.
I knock three times, until I hear Yue's voice say: "Come in!"
When I enter, I notice that she is not alone.
Standing next to her bed, there's a boy who isn't very tall, with blond hair, a very pale skin and blue eyes.  I assume it's the famous Andrew.
I knew it, I was wrong to come here.
"Oh, sorry! I just went to say hello, now I'm going" I smile at Yue.
"No, stay! Andrew, he's Dylan ... Dylan, he's Andrew" she says, with eyes full of enthusiasm.
"So you are the clown" Andrew grins in a fluid Chinese, reaching out to shake my hand.
"Doctor Clown!"  exclaim me and Yue together.
We exchange a look and Yue winks at me.
Inevitably I blush and lower my head.
Andrew looks at us with a frown.
"Ok, ok. Dr. Clown, it was nice to meet you. Now I have to go. Hi, my love."
He goes down towards Yue and kisses her.
It's a cold, quick, rushed kiss.
If I were in his place, that wouldn't be the way I'd kiss Shen Yue ...
Ahyo!  Wang He Di!  What are you thinking about?!
"Do you have to go to rehearsal?"  Yue asks.
She smiles, but the light in her eyes suddenly went out.
He nods.
"Greet the others".
"Ok".
"And don't be an idiot with the dancer who replaces me".
"You know I would never do it, fool" Andrew chuckles.
Something in the way he said it, it triggers a little alarm bell.  But I don't know him, I can't put strange ideas in my head.
He greets us once more and leaves the room.
I sit and watch Yue, who is staring at the door.
After a few seconds, she turns to me.
"Ok, tell me what's going on" she says.
"What?"
"You're sad. What happened?"
How did she figure it out?
"Nothing," I reply, trying to smile.
Suddenly I remember the child's face and the lump in my throat returns.
Yue peers at me for a while, in silence.  It looks like she's trying to read me inside and I don't want it.  I don't want she to read all my sadness.  I'm not like that.  I'm always cheerful ... For the others.
"Excuse me, now I really have to go," I get up and mess with her hair.
"Okay. But could you help me fix the pillow first, please?"  she asks me.
As I lean towards her to place the pillow, Yue surrounds my neck with her arms and draws me to her.
She hugs me tight, stroking my hair with one hand.
"It's okay to feel sad sometimes, you know? If you don't want to talk about it, it's ok. But don't pretend to me ... We're a team, right? If you need, I'm there" she whispers softly.
I hold her in my arms and I let the tears I have held so far fill my eyes.

POV YUE
After calming down, Dylan returns to sit next to me and tells me what happened.
As he talks about it, he seems like a child ... His way of seeing the world is so pure ...
"I just wish ... They were all happy. I know that suffering is part of life, but ... It's so unfair!"  complains, angry.
I smile at him.
"You're right, it is. Dylan?"
"Yup?"
"If Dr. Wu agrees, can I follow you one day in paediatrics to see what your job is?"
His eyes light up with surprise and enthusiasm.
"Would you really come?"
"Of course! If ... If I'm not a nuisance," I reply, embarrassed.
Sometimes, especially since Dylan came into my life, I forget I'm in my situation.
This time it is he who hugs me.
"Tomorrow morning I will ask for the opinion of Caesar," he says.
"Anyway ... I don't think Andrew's ass is so special," he adds, putting on a pout.
I burst out laughing.
"Oh yes it is! Yours is just envy!"  I retort.
"Envy ?! But you saw mine ?! It looks carved!"
"Sorry, I don't look at other guys' ass."
"Yeah, sure!"
"Hey!"
He turns his back on me and starts to do a stupid ballet, shaking his ass here and there, while singing the refrain of the theme song of the latest version of Meteor Garden.
I laugh to tears.
"So? Do you withdraw what you said?"  he asks, turning around with a grin.
"Absolutely not," I reply, trying to catch my breath.
Suddenly I realize that he's staring at me in silence for a few moments.
"What is it? Do I have something in my face?"  I ask, embarrassed.
He gives me a smile full of sweetness and shakes his head.
What's wrong with him?
"Shen Yue?"
"Hmm?"
"Thanks".
"For what?"
"For cheering me up".
"Tsk, look at me! I'm the one who laughed like a fool... Now I have a red face and puffy eyes" I mutter.
"Seeing you laugh always makes me feel better ... And you're beautiful, don't worry" he replies, rubbing the back of his neck.
My heart starts to beat faster.
What is this feeling?  Why do I feel so weird?
Suddenly, someone enters my room.
"Hey, Caesar!"  exclaims Dylan.
"Hey! Are you still here? Don't you go home for dinner?"  asks Dr. Wu, surprised.
"Yes, I'm going now. This little dancer didn't want to let me go."
I glower at him and he raises his hands in surrender.
"Mmh ... You're flirting with my patients now? Come on, get out of here. I have to visit Miss Shen" Dr. Wu laughs, looking at me first and then at Dylan.
This is embarassing...
Dylan takes his jacket and ruffles my hair again.
"Bye, my little dancer".
"Bye, Dr. Clown."

Author's corner
Ciao!
I'm glad you welcomed this story with so much enthusiasm ❤️
Here's another little chapter ... I hope you liked it! 💜💛
Thank you for the comments and for the messages of encouragement 😘
A big hug,
Lucrezia