Asfandyar is going away

Start from the beginning

Wanting nothing much but leaving for home with his wife, he texted Zubiya to meet him at the office so that they could leave.

'You're free to go home?' He typed while he put his phone aside, waiting for the reply and closed his eyes to reduce the pain which was throbbing in his head.

At a sudden his office's door knocked. Dr Shehroze had came up.

"Asslam o alaikum sir." He said while rising up from his chair.

"Walaikum Assalam Asfand. Kahan ghayeb hou subah se. Teesri dafa aaraha hoon yaar." He replied while they shaked hands.

"Sir, bus aaj aik surgery thi, it was very commiting and it took time. Anyways everything alright?"

"Well yes everything is fine. Indeed there is a good news for you.
'World Congress on Patient Safety and Nursing Healthcare' ki aik conference hou rahi hai San Francisco mein. And the best part is that you've been officially invited to attend the conference and be a part of their respective seminars." He informed him. "I got an email from Dr. Lucas in the morning, he told me."

"Dr Lucas from Stanford Medical School, California?" He asked.

"Exactly from Stanford. Asfand yeh conference tumhare medical career ke liye bohat important hai. All over the world some best doctors have been selected to become a part of it and you're so lucky that you are one too."

"Thankyou sir! Indeed it is a huge opportunity for me but meray liye ziada achi baat yeh hai ke mein internationally Pakistan ko aur apne hospital ko represent karne ke qabil honga."

"Goodluck Asfand, make us proud like always." He smiled. "Conference ki saari details email mein hain, I've forwarded it to you kindly check and report" He added.

"Right sir."

With this, the conversation came to an end and Dr Shehroze left. Asfandyar checked his mobile and saw Zubiya's message who had texted that she was free and that they can go home.
He left the office.

***

"Asfi khana lag gaya hai. Uth jayein" said Zubiya when she entered into the room and found him sleeping. He was so worned out after the surgery that he slept without eating the lunch.

"Asfi" she called out again. There was no sign of him waking up so she decided to let him sleep. She lifted the curtains down bathing the cozy oasis of them in darkness.

***

Dr Haroon, Saim and Gaiti had pulled over for the evening to spare some time with the family and join them for tea. It has been almost more than an one hour since they had arrived and Asfandyar was still asleep, probably too tired to join them.

"Zubiya shaam hogayi hai, Asfi ko utha dou abb yaar. Mein kabse aayi hoyi hoon, abhi tak sou raha hai." Complained Gaiti.

"Jee bhabhi, utha deti hoon." She replied with a smile.

***

She entered into the room. Soft yellow lamp light illuminated the darkness. He was asleep besides the gold light that shone on his face with a glow. And he was so handsome as he slept, that steady heart, those steady breaths, more than enough to make Zubiya fall in love with him all over again. Her heart melted, it took a shape of molten liquid.

She went to his side of the bed and carefully sat down. "Asfi" she said as she slightly moved her delicate fingers over his face. "Asfi bahir sab apka wait kar rahay hain please uth jayein."

He woke up. His eyes opened, his eyelashes faintly batted against his lids when he blinked. Slowly the fatigue of the tiring day was seeping out of him as Zubiya's gaze was on him- it relaxed his body. He smiled at her.