‘Have fun, Ginny,’ Hermione whispered and found that she did feel very happy for Ginny. She was so lucky to have someone like Harry, to have her husband with her, to be pregnant and to have a loving family. Hermione didn't have that. She was just pregnant and had to do everything alone.

Harry and Ginny said a final goodbye and they both grabbed each others hands, smiling as though they had never been unhappy. Hermione felt tears pour from her eyes as they disapparated with a crack. Everyone bustled about, trying to get ready to go home and Hermione turned to go back into the house, since it was getting cold.

‘You are coming to the party, aren’t you?’ Ron caught up with her as she went into the kitchen. Hermione ignored him and grabbed a glass of water, draining it in one go. Ron grabbed her hand and looked at her, apologising, ‘I’m sorry. I was really stressed because Harry looked like he was about to rip my head off if I didn't find you. I never meant to be so... demanding. I’m sorry, Hermione. Just come to the party and we can have a good time and dance and everything.’

‘Dance? Dance!’ Hermione turned to him and shook her head although a smile played on the edges of her lips. Ron smirked as she turned towards him, ‘I can barely walk with this child inside me!’

‘Do you want me to take you to Harry’s?’ asked Ron, his hands brushed through her hair and Hermione felt a need to pull away from him but she didn't. She let him stroke her hair and his hand tickled her neck.

‘I’m sure I can apparate on my own, Ronald,’ Hermione sighed and then she did move away. She tried not to make it obvious that she didn't want his hands on her so she pretended to clean the glass and put it away, ‘I’ll see you in the morning then.’

‘Sure,’ Ron sighed and then left the room. Hermione leaned over the sink, feeling her baby kick her slightly. She held a hand under her stomach and that helped to console it.

‘You look stunning,’ a voice whispered behind her and it sounded as though she was being blamed for dressing up.

Hermione turned around with her hand still under her stomach, supporting it while the baby kicked her as though feeling that its father was near to it. She saw Fred immediately and was shocked to see the bags under his eyes. Hermione recognised the bags because he usually got them when he had been drinking. Fred walked over to her and Hermione flinched away from him. Hurt deepened in his eyes as she looked terrified as his hand went to her stomach.

‘I’m not going to hurt you,’ he whispered and his eyes found hers. His hands rubbed circles around her stomach. Hermione believed that he wasn’t going to hurt her but she didn't want him near her. She didn't even try to move away though as Fred spoke, ‘when are you due?’

‘The thirteenth of February,’ Hermione whispered back.

‘Fred! We’re leaving, mate! Here!’ Fred was pulled away from Hermione and handed a bottle of firewhiskey. The boy, who was no older than sixteen was pulling him towards the entrance but more Weasley cousins came into the kitchen, looking for Fred, ‘let’s get going!’

‘I think I’ll sit this one out,’ Fred sighed, looking over his shoulder at Hermione, ‘I’m going to take her home.’

‘Oh, come on! There will so many other girls there!’ Robert, the cousin, whispered but Hermione still heard him. Fred rolled his eyes and now his other cousins were gathering around them, looking over their shoulders. They were probably watching out for their parents or Mrs Weasley, ‘Melissa was looking for you. She’s quite drunk though.’

‘Fred, you don’t have to walk me home,’ Hermione spoke up, silencing the other boys, and she grabbed her purse from beside her. His cousins were nudging each other and pointing at her stomach, thinking that she didn't notice. She glared at them and then walked past, supporting her stomach with pride, ‘have fun.’