Lionized

Summary: Famous AU, Human AU

---

Questions about her upcoming album were being thrown left and right as Kira was being guided into her hotel by her bodyguard, Derek. She smiled politely at the paparazzi as she walked past them, not really taking an true heed to any comments being blasted at her. Once inside of the building, and with one more wave and sunny grin directed towards her fans, Kira heaved a big sigh.

"You alright?" Derek huffed with a slight snicker.

Kira gave a tired smile, "Just a little exhausted is all."

Derek started directing her towards the elevator, falling into step beside her. "I bet you won't be too exhausted to speak to Scott," he gave a wink.

Kira rolled her eyes, her lips tugging up the tiniest bit at the mention of her fiancé's name. She pulled her engagement ring from its hiding place inside of her shirt, hanging off of a chain. She began to toy with it.

"No, he's on Fallon tonight," a disappointed sigh left her lips. "I'm going to watch, though, so it'll almost be like we're talking."

"Right. It won't feel like he's talking to an interviewer with the fakest laugh in the universe," Derek said. Kira nudged him.

"Leave Jimmy alone! What did he ever do to you?"

The two laughed as they reached Kira's room, saying good night before going separate ways. After bathing, Kira threw on one of Scott's t-shirts as a nightgown and got settled onto the bed, grabbing the remote and switching the television to NBC.

"...starring in the upcoming movie, 'Over the Rainbow,' Scott McCall!" Jimmy stated, Kira catching the last of the sentence.

Scott walked onto the stage looking dashing in black slacks, black dress shoes, and a white button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He had scruff on his face accompanied by dimpled cheeks from his smile. Kira couldn't help but smile as well. She misses him so much.

"Hi, Scott, how are you?" Jimmy asked.

"I'm good, I'm good. How're you?" Scott replied.

The interview carried on for a few more minutes before Jimmy got to the question everyone knew he would ask.

"So, Scott, you're dating Kira Yukimura, right?" Jimmy feigned ignorance. Scott let out a small huff of laughter. Kira did as well. With Kira as a Grammy nominated singer and Scott as an Emmy nominated actor, it was hard not to know of their involvement with one another.

"Yes, I am," Scott couldn't stop the goofy smile that erupts onto his face whenever he thinks of her. The crowd whooped and cheered, some cooing causing Scott to snicker before looking back towards Jimmy.

"And how long have you guys been dating?"

"Um for four years. Since we were 18," Scott responded. The crowd cheered.

"That's a long time! How is it? How has it been?" Jimmy inquired.

"Well, it's amazing as always. We're both on the road doing promos right now but when we get back we'll have some down time before beginning to plan the wedding," Scott beamed without realizing his slip up.

Kira stared at the television screen with her mouth agape. She couldn't believe this. But then again this is Scott. He had said the first 'I love you' without realizing.

But still, the two have been engaged for four months now and had decided to keep their engagement a secret for the time being, just wanting the new status of their relationship to be between friends and family. They weren't quite ready to have public intrusion on this happiness just yet. Or that's what they have been telling everyone until Scott just blew it out of the water.

"Wait, wait, wait," Jimmy backtracked, beginning his dramatics. "You're engaged?"

Scott sat there stupefied for a moment as if he did not just expose the news himself, as if Jimmy had spies on the inside somewhere, "What?"

Jimmy did his over the top laugh, pushing his chair away from the desk, except this time it was genuine, "You just said you were engaged!"

Scott blinked several times, before groaning and smacking his hand over his eyes. "Oh my God, she's going to kill me. I wasn't supposed to say anything yet!"

Everyone laughed at him. Kira just sighed fondly and shook her head in exasperation. What was she going to do with him?

The interview became centered around the engagement for about two more minutes before shifting to Scott's movie which happens to be his first ever movie role. The interview overall ended about 5 minutes later, the show cutting to commercial break as a means to transfer Scott backstage to his dressing room.

About 10 minutes later, Kira's phone began to rang. She rolled her eyes before picking up the device to answer.

"Seriously, baby? You couldn't wait two more weeks?"

---

A/N: the ending is a bit rushed, I'm sorry. And also, don't be used to fancy vocab as chapter titles. And also, you can send prompts!!