"Okay we've got a lot on the agenda today, a few cases that need counsel, a round up of all our current cases that sort of thing," Richard began the meeting where everyone was gathered round the table except one chair was left vacant. "But first of all let's welcome back Sarah and Ally, it hasn't been the same without you two."

"Sure Richard," the two woman remarked at the same time, sensing his insincerity. Richard's formality was just an act.

"So let's get on to what's really important," he smirked cheekily with longing interest at Ally, "How was the vacation with Larry, did you and him get it on?" Everyone wanted to know.

"Richard! That is my private life," Ally was emabarassed and speechless at Richard's attitude. Whatever went on between her and Larry, which this time was nothing of that nature, was only for her and Larry to know.

"Oh come on Ally we, well I helped him with his plan," Richard persisted, the least she could do was just give them a yes or no answer.

"The woman pregnant with his child is right here," Sarah spoke out with an eyebrow raised, taking Ally's side. "I don't like you talking about my husband and my friend that way."

A smug, victorious smile made a slight appearance on Ally's face watching Richard hesitate what to say next. That always happened when someone stood up to him. "Right, okay then," he took a moment to see how he could rectify his dignity, "seeing as Ling is going to be away for quite some time," it was difficult to hide the struggle in his voice as he said that, "There's going to be a new colleague joining us in the next few days."

Ally spun her head round to the rest of her work friends, none of them shocked to hear the news. Why was Ling no longer working at the firm? This didn't add up. "Where is Ling?" She frowned quizzically towards Richard while Sarah kept her gaze lowered, knowing the full extent of Ling's condition.

"Health grounds, let's leave it at that Ally and we'll say nothing more about it," he quickly hurried the continuing onto another matter on the agenda. Like his girlfriends wishes, Richard hadn't told anyone of Ling's cancer so only he, Larry and Sarah knew. "Now about that charity fundraiser to get us I to the festive spirit. Any volunteers?"

Later, around an hour after the meeting was brought to a close, Larry had decided to make an appearance with an intention of seeing Ally before starting on a day of house hunting. After the week they had shared together in Detroit, he wanted to keep being as close with her. He never felt more like himself than when she was around.

"Larry my good man how are you?" Unfortunately Richard had to spot him before he got to Ally's office.

"What are you after?" Larry remarked, he knew exactly what Richard could be like. Always digging for information that wasn't his to find out.

"Well I'm the boss of the firm and it's my job to make sure my employees are treated well," Richard explained receiving a roll of the eyes from Larry who tried to ignore him. "So have you two slept together yet."

What more would anyone ever expect from Richard? And Larry decided to confuse the truth to the question even further by turning the subject onto the law firm's owner. "You're Still living up to the reputation there Richard," he smoothly spoke, making his way to Ally's office.

Ally, blundered with paper work glanced over to the office door at the sound of a knock on her door. Not suspecting it to be Larry she called from her desk, "Come in!" But was surprised yet greatly elated at the sight of Larry striding in. "Hey stranger," she laughed as they enjoyed a small cuddle.

"Thought I'd swing by to see you on your first day back," Larry smiled, oh that smile, it melted Ally's heart every time without fail.

"There's no better company than you," Ally was forced to admit as they pulled gently from each other, still keeping close. "You're just here to see me?"

"I've no other reason to be here," Larry muttered softly, blinking a little as he ran a hand through Ally's hair. She was the most beautiful woman in his world. So precious and priceless to him. "I really wish our vacation didn't have to end."

"So do I," Ally blushed, her head resting against Larry's shoulder. Being with Larry was indescribable, if there was anything Ally was was sure of it was that she loved him.

"Glad to see we're on the same page."

((Authors Note: Hey everyone!

So the vacation is over and they're back to work.

But there's a new colleague coming to the law firm...

Please let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments. I hope you enjoyed reading it

Thank you :) ))